7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 9:48 AM by rinny54 RSS

Grand Chateau, Las Vegas

neilbax Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We are staying here in July 2013, can anyone offer any suggestions / insights on the following please......

• Best rooms to ask for (We have a 2 bedroom apartment already booked via Marriott Rewards swap as we are Marriott owners)
  • High floor?
  • Best room views?
  • Best things to do while there?

Many thanks

Neil

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Grand Chateau, Las Vegas
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

No room recommendations, but when we're in Vegas we hit the shows.  George Wallace, Rita Rudner, lots to choose from.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Since you are going in July 2013, I would look at booking Garth Brooks way in advance. When I was in Vegas, I bought tickets well in advance and had third row seats for an incredible concert, which included his wife, Trisha Yearwood singing several songs and duets with Garth.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

This is a great idea!

Most people wait too long to make reservations, or see what entertainment is available way out.  Especially, when it comes to using points.  I have been buying my Johnny Mathis tickets in Branson one year in advance.  Like you, I get great seats that way.  Book early when you can!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We have a 3-night stay booked there in a few months.  I'll report back on the specifics.

We bought tickets for Celine Dion about 6 weeks ago and Dancing With the Stars about 2 weeks ago.  We many also get tickets for Phantom of the Opera because it will be ending its run in Vegas soon.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Rasorbackfan,

Good luck on getting tickets!

Remember, you may get tickets from your CC company as well as online.  Maybe the hotel can help you as well.

I really just don't like having to pay "Broker prices".

curiousone Platinum

The best views will be off the 2 bedroom unit at the end of the hallway, which is actually part of a 3 bedroom unit. Somebody would have to split their 3 bedroom into a 2 and 1 bedroom unit for the 2 bedroom to be available. My wife and I live in a high rise condominium and definitely higher is better. However, you want to keep something in mind: once you get above about the 7th floor the fire department can not reach you with a ladder. For a really good view, go to the roof top pool at the Grande Chateau.

Also, remember that in July it will be very HOT in Las Vegas so drink plenty of water and be careful about walking the strip during the day. If you will be walking it is best to do it in the morning or evening. The Grand Chateau used to give away bottled water as you were walking out the door. Many of the resorts are connected and you can actually walk quite a ways without going outside.

If you are early risers, my wife and I always enjoy walking into the Belagio in the early morning (not long after sunrise) to watch the staff pruning and updating all the flowers that they have in the lobby and the seasonal garden display just off the lobby. It also interesting to see all the people wondering (wobbling) back to their hotels early in the morning.

We will be staying in Las Vegas at the JW Marriott for a 3 day weekend to celibrate my birthday this July.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

We are owners of the Grand Chateau & have been there several times.  There is so much to do in Vegas & the surrounding areas, we have to remind ourselves to gamble once in a while.  We have been to Red Rock Canyon, Mount Charleston, the Hoover Dam--awesome & had a river raft ride down the river under the dam--an all day event , which includes a box lunch.  We have gone hot-air balloning--did this the 1st day there as we are from Massachusetts & we were awake very early!!  The Cirque de Soleil shows are fantastic:  we have seen Love (The Beatles) & The Elvis show @ the new Aria hotel.  We have seen Jay Leno, Penn & Teller & the Jersey Boys, which was wicked awesome!!.  All tickets were bought ahead of time & we had fantastic seats for very reasonable prices.  If you wait, you can get reduced tickets to some shows, but perhaps not to the "big" named shows.  Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...