2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 10:42 AM by nursiepooh RSS

Has anyone stayed at Marriott Tijuana?

ohhtay Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am thinking of staying few days in Tijuana while in the San Diego area. Any feedback would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico Marriott Hotels & Resorts Tijuana Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Has anyone stayed at Marriott Tijuana?
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I did a 2 day stay there. It is beautiful and the water is potable. There was a serious communication problem, where the day staff was very fluent with English, but at night, we were basically using sign language except for the concierge who they had somebody on duty 24 hours a day to help with any language barrier.

The rates were dirt cheap, and the property is beautiful. I was out exploring a lot, and did not use much of the property ammenities, but whenever I needed help, U.S. dollars produced the best service as tips. I asked housekeeping to leave me some extra shampoo, and gave her $5 U.S., and when I came back there was 20 little bottles of shampoo, and even a half used bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo, presumedly from another room which was left behind!  LOL!!! .

I wish I could be more helpful. It is less then 1/2 hour ride from the Airport, and if you are going to drive, I would suggest leaving your car in the San Diego area and taking a bus into Tijuana proper. The area surrounding the property is a bit on the wild side, and you will save any type of wait at the border crossing, which can be long (hours) as buses get a special travel lane which takes at tops about 15 minutes to glide through. The bus fee is nominal, somewhere around $20 per person.

The staff is very friendly and courteous, and it seems that they were picked from among the best folks in the area in terms of hospitatlity.

I hope you have a really nice time! - Al.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has anyone stayed at Marriott Tijuana?
      nursiepooh Silver 5 Reviews

I stayed at the Marriott Tijuana in May.  The service was outstanding, staff very accommodating and helpful.  The room was clean and the food was good.I was walking all over the place down to the grand hotel and over to the mall.

Really enjoyed the place.  I had stayed at the Grand Hotel in the past, from now on I'm staying at the Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...