19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 6:18 PM by jerrycoin RSS

The "Lettermen" sing in St. Charles, Mo!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

One of my favorite FF's is in St. Charles, Mo and not far from the hotel was a wonderful event last night!  For over 50 years and with millions of music albums sold they put on a great program!

It was a wonderful production and the music was both inspirational and entertaining.  The sang songs from the 50's thru today!  Many wonderful patriotic songs and spent a lot of time actually in the audience.  They found a "Maria" in the audience and sang "Maria", from West Side Story!

The performance was done at Lindenwood College at J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts.

They indicated they only had one regret at this performance, "Jasper was not there", I explained he will catch them in Orlando!  They did allow photo's during the performance, just no taping of audio.

Would recommend this FF and The Letterman.  Great songs!  Here are a few photo's!

IMG_2156.jpg

Recommend this show!

IMG_2154.JPG

The wanted to get their picture with a Marriott Insider and asked for Jasper, I was a "Poor substitute", but had to stand in while they sang "Up, Up and Away"!

IMG_2152.JPG

The Founder, Tony Butala, at 73 years young, puts on a great performance, as does Donovan Tea, and Bobby Poynton.

Hope you will have a chance to enjoy their show!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Charles, Missouri, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn St. Louis St. Charles
  • Re: The "Lettermen" sing in St. Charles, Mo!
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

The Lettermen, When I fall in love (#1 Single) and The Way you Look Tonight (Another top single for them)..Brings back a lot of memory I am sure for all you old guys. Although the Lettermen wanted me to represent the Insider's at the concert, I told them that Jerry (The Coin Man) would be there and then they recinded the offer saying they would rather have the man with the money rather than the popularity. So I guess I am going to have to wait until they come to Orlando!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Saw them at the Palm Springs Follies here in the desert.  They are great.  As are the Fpour Coins (still performing) and the Skyliners (ditto) who will be guests and performers at my HS Reunion in July.  Jasper had to tell us he can't be there though, something about outstanding warrants?

SS,

As I sit here and watch the Masters, Jasper and you "Break me up"!  I don't know who is more entertaining.

Talking about entertaining, recently saw The Kingston Trio, Chad and Jeremy and then Maureen McGovern, all these shows were great.  Two shows that stunk were Liza Minelli and then Judy Collins.

Would never want to miss Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis or Neil Sedaka, all consummate pro's!

Lettermen songs on you-tube

The Lettermen "Hits" - YouTube

Love those OBGs

Jasper,

Thanks!

This was really great.  I will have to learn how to put this U-tube stuff on the site.  Here's a picture I took of the Letterman in their "Letter Sweaters"!IMG_2158.JPG

Jerry, it is easy to put you-tube items here. Just go to www.youtube.com, find what you want and then copy the link to Insiders.

For Example, when you get to you-tube, search for what you want like The Letterman, than pick one of the listings, start to play that listing and then copy the link here on Insiders..Try it with one of the Letterman other songs and see how it works.

tmallon Platinum 1 Reviews

Love the Letterman and love St. Charles, MO!  We would have flown in for the week-end had I known...oops not with it being Easter...but any other time.  I will have to check to see what other great OBG performers might be there this year.  Thanks, Jerry for posting this.

tmallon,

St. Charles is another interesting and historic "River Towns"!  The Lindenwood College is very nice for programs like this.  They have Debbie Reynolds coming soon and it is also "Sold Out"!

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

These posts bring back ole memories!!  Years ago in Birmingham between trials [I was a prosecutor in those days] I had some down time and was in the hotel bar in the early afternoon [just to check the place out of course] this band was practicing and they seemed to have trouble getting past a break in the song.  The leader came back and asked how they were doing--I told them ok but get past that break-- they gave me a ticket to the show that evening to see if they improved.  The group was the Eagles and the song was Take it to the limit one more time.  Thanks Jerry for bringing back old memories....................Bill

Love the Eagles!  You were really in the right place at the right time!

Bill,

Great to see read about your "Eagles" experience!  Stay in touch, we all enjoy hearing from you!

The Lettermen asked me to dedicate this song to Jerrycoin...

The Lettermen - "The Way You Look Tonight" - YouTube

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...