25 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 9:47 AM by anadyr RSS

2012 Masters Winner

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Who do you want to win the Masters?

Who do you think will win the tournament?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2012 Masters Winner
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Who do you want to win the Masters?   Mickelson    

Who do you think will win the tournament? Mcilroy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

couples (want)

mickelson (think)

thrilled with either...  two great guys!

etharris Platinum 8 Reviews

I was on the 16th hole in '87 when Jack made his run on the back 9 and won. When he walked up over the hill to the 16th green there was a wave of electricity in the air that I will never forget. It was nothing but magic and everyone knew he was going to win! Couples would bring something close to that if he wins although I am here in Augusta pulling for Rory. It's going to be great no matter who wins!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Fred is my favorite, met him a time or two here-nice guy

Phil is a lefty, and so am I

Fred belonged to my club here in Dallas for several years while he lived here, great guy.

I too am a lefty.

Lefties of the world--we shall overcome (actually we have).  I also was at Williamsburg VA on an assignment and saw/met Freddie there.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

The ancient Zuni tribe considered left-handedness a sign of good luck.

More importantly, as Southpaws, we are among the 10% in the world who are in our right minds!

And we are not sinister!!

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I am going to have to go with Mickelson on both counts.

shoeman and ss, I have to agree with both of you.  Tomorrow will be an exciting day.  We tried to get tickets through the lottery and it wasn't our lucky day (even though my husband is a lefty).  I am sorry that the azaleas and dogwoods have already bloomed.

I saw Phil up close at the AT&T, and he is a true gentleman and family man too.

My opinion of him really changed after he finally won his first Masters.  I am impressed with all he and his wife do for education.  I enjoyed listening to his press conference on the day before the tournament started.  He must have a great sense of humor.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear Razorbackfan and others,

You might think that it is typical of the Brits that we delay making our choices until the battles are nearly over (though my fellow citizens here stuck with Old Abe throughout), but there it is -  we are but a small island.

I think Mickelson's lob wedge on the 12th (?) was the single most outrageous shot I've ever seen - and I thought Seve had played a few. Whether he'll win, I'm not sure; I have a funny feeling that someone like Bubba W (another leftie of course) might come out of the pack during the 1st nine, and just hold on.

My own bet? It was £5 on Graeme McDowell - largely because I credit him with having single-handledly revived the fortunes of the cardigan:-)

Enjoy this evening

C

British golfers are very good--I credit tine well spent with a warm bitters on a cold day in a pub for that

I think I would credit it with skills honed on the practice tees.....

Ah yes tees and crumpets, you are correct

Sure thought "Lefty" would win, but at least another lefty won.  I haven't seen today's round yet, but I recorded it and I'm anxious to see the recording.  Can't give anyone points for a correct answer--sorry.

five left handers have won the Masters

Do we get a pint of warm bitter from a cold English pub - it was certainly cold yesterday - for identifying them? I doubt whether Jerry would be too happy about taking one in his luggage.

After Watson, Mickelson is the obvious one. I remember a Canadian - Mike Weir, I think - a few years back. After that, over to you chaps:-)

A

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

arkwright,

I have carried more than that in my luggage!  Used to carry my twelve pack of Bud Light with me to Europe because I could not get it in Europe.  Don't do it anymore, but if there is something I can bring you from the USA, let me know!

Jerry,

Your luggage must have been a wonder to behold! I was always in the opposite camp: traveled as light as possible; always away from the airport first; but was very dependent on hotels with washing machines etc!!

In the old days of Empire (OK, here we go again!), I had a great aunt who, when sailing between UK and India, used to take over 20 suitcases; the porters used to love her!

Best,

A

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

arkwright,

20 bags of luggage sounds like a lot!  I never have that much but I feel like I do on some of my travels lately. 

Trick question A:  Mick won three times!  And might have yesterday but for a few miscues.  Bubba gives hope to all us duffers in that he has NEVER taken a lesson--as I told my pro, they always ruin my game!  His retort stings, "what game?"

SS,

That's dangerously close to "sneaky". Whatever, I loved watching the last round. Here's a quote for you from the doyen of (very) English commentators, Peter Alliss, as Bubba was lining up what was to be his final putt:

"Moments like this, you'll wish you didn't have white pants on, I think."

And, as I'm in a "quotation" mood, here's another one that caught my eye. When the 17th-century playwright Nathaniel Lee was committed to Bethlem (subsequently called Bedlam) madhouse in house, he protested: "They call me mad, and I call them mad, and damm them, they outvoted me!"

So much for the objectivity of mental health.

Best,

A

Churchillian in linguistic stature A!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...