9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 9:11 PM by alrenaissance RSS

Gold Status Upgrade

Anndi07 Member 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone,

I received an email recently stating that if I stay 6 times between April 1 and June 30, I will be able to keep the Gold membership status upgrade that I received for one year. I have plans for some trips in the next couple of months, but I was intending to either purchase nights with points or use some Cat. 1-4 free night certificates. Just wondering, do either of these methods count towards the 6 nights I need to keep my Gold status?

Thanks,

Anndi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold Status Upgrade
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Anndi07

Unfortunately, no they do not.  Only paid nites count.  However, if you used points to buy Marriott cheques, then paid for the room with those cheques, you would receive credit for nites stayed .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Anndi07 Member 1 Reviews

Ok, thanks for the info. That changes my decision to try keeping my upgrade then. Silver is ok with me, as I don't normally stay 50 nights per year. I guess I'll enjoy the Gold benefits while I have them for the next couple months anyway.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I would still consider taking advantage of the Gold offer, as since you seem to travel a lot, do not forget you would get benefits such as free breakfast and a higher point bonus for the gold level. That is, if you can use your stay vouchers at a later date with no expiration. Something to consider I guess. I think I would jump on it. 6 stays is a lot in that time period,  6 nights would be a lot better to accomplish in that time.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Consider getting those 6 nights at the lowest price property and it's an even better deal!

That is a good idea nanaglo45! Even if you do not travel that much, you should be rewarded for the traveling you have already done, and from a cost standpoint, you may get more then your money back during the next year based on the perks you get for being gold.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

One thing to keep in mind, If you are get those stays, I believe your Gold Elite Status would stay into effect until 2/28/2014 but confirm this with Marriott!!!

Anndi07 Member 1 Reviews

Yes, that is approximately what he email I received says. In which case, I would enjoy the benefits of gold until that time next year, and likely not stay enough times to renew it. Gold is very tempting, but I have 2 free night vouchers that expire in two months. And since I only travel for leisure, not business, it can be hard to find the time to go places to use my free nights, plus 6 more...

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Anndi,

If you don't try to get those 6 nights for Gold...You won't find the secret invitation to join the "points at all cost club".

We're looking for the youth to join us old geezers.

I know that back in the day, Hilton made me a similar offer after I dropped from 100+ nights a year to like 10. They indicated to me that if I did a certain amount of nights by a certain date, they would permit me to stay at my about to expire Diamond status. I did not do it, as I found sticking with one property(Marriott!) paid off for me better in the end. So the offer made to you is not totally unheard of, it is just a matter of if you can or want to do it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...