3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 6:22 PM by alrenaissance RSS

Ultra elite status??

acrbill Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I apologize if this is a rehashed topic but I could not locate any recent info on the subject.

One of my co-workers just mentioned that there may be a tier above Platinum Elite. Is this the case? How might one attain this status if it in fact exists?

I have stayed a great deal of nights at the Marriott chain since I signed up for the rewards program in 5/2009. At the end of my current business trip I will have a tick over 1,000 total membership nights according to the Marriott rewards site.  I have given away a majority of my rewards points but if I had to guess I would be in the 1.25-1.5 million points earned range.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ultra elite status??
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

acrbill,

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders.  Here are some "threads" within this site that you can take a look at to see what the qualifications are for the Lifetime Platinum and Platinum Premier statuses.  Also, hopefully one of the veteran Platinum members on this site can answer your question with the most up-to-date information.

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/5627

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/9510

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/9721

You've given the majority of your 1M+ points away?  What a nice person you are!

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

acrbill Platinum 25 Reviews

Thank you for the prompt reply and those helpful links.

It seems like I will have to wait until 2021 to upgrade my status.

I am not even sure why I want another level of status. When I started my current job at the end of March 2009 I had never been on a plane or stayed at a hotel. (maybe 3 night in a motel). I had 75 nights stayed within 3-4 months and made AA Executive Platinum on all domestic flights.

As far as giving points away, I stay at enough hotels that I would rather just sleep in my own bed as a vacation.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Wow. You never know, but the levels now are hard enough to reach. There are very few of us that are Platinum Lifetime. I remember back in 2004 when I called American Express about a rumored higher then Platinum card, and ended up being invited (and accepted) into the Centurion card (Black card) program. I would have never known or been invited if I did not act on the rumors. I was one of the first 12,000 in the world in that program. Although it is not that much hype now (as with everything the benefits have decreased, yet the annual fee has increased), back then the card did a lot of great things for me in the travel sector.

Overall point is it never hurts to ask, the "squeeky wheel" gets the oil, if you know what I mean.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...