6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 2:16 PM by alrenaissance RSS

Free Breakfast 7 days/week for Platinum and Gold Elite Members outside U.S. and Canada

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was searching around on the Marriott Rewards website to find the Elite Customer Service line (another topic) so I could find out why I was not given points on all expenses charged to my room (still another topic) for a recent stay (excluding sales tax, I know), and stumbled across the Elite Member Benefits Page.  The weekend breakfast benefit (or lack of it) seems to be a popular topic of discussion here on Insiders, so I thought I would share my findings, namely that weekend breakfasts (outside the U.S. and Canada) are free! Does everybody already know that?  Oh, sorry.  I didn't, and was excited to learn this information.

Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits:

Guaranteed Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge Access* at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts during normal hours of operations: Monday to Friday. Outside the U.S. and Canada, continental breakfast is available 7 days a week. For JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts without a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, Elite Members will still receive a complimentary continental breakfast for weekday stays, Monday through Friday; simply show Membership Card and room key in the hotel restaurant.

*Not available at resort locations.

Anyway, if you didn't already know that, now you do.  Discovering this information just made my day.  We're staying at the Ren LD in Paris and the Grand Flora in Rome this May/June, and this will save our group a considerable amount of daily coin, in addition to knowing we'll be getting a really outstanding breakfast not just on the weekdays, but the weekends too during our stay!  (While French pastries are to the moon and back, I'm just not one to start my day with a plate full of sugar, butter and white flour!)

Alors... bonjour et bon appetit avec votre petit déjeuner!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: Free Breakfast 7 days/week for Platinum and Gold Elite Members outside U.S. and Canada
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, it is a shame that Marriott offers this outside the USA and not to their elite members here in the USA. Sad!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free Breakfast 7 days/week for Platinum and Gold Elite Members outside U.S. and Canada
      pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I know, we stayed at a full service Marriott last weekend, and no weekend breakfast. But it paid to call in advance to confirm this, because I then reserved the room rate with breakfast included, which at least saved us about $10/person over just dining at full price in the restaurant.  But I can still be excited knowing that we'll have free breakfast everyday on this upcoming trip.  Well, good that I like to travel outside of the U.S. then! (My dad doesn't understand my penchant for traveling abroad (and the associated costs) considering the richness that sits in our own backyard here in the U.S.  Now I can tell him, "But Dad, I get free breakfast on weekends in Europe!" 

I'm just finding out all kinds of stuff today.  Did you know that you do not earn points on any other charges besides room charges at CY, SHS, FFI, RI and TPS?  I didn't, but - now I do.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Pluto,

While some of us may have already known that, it's always great to have someone refresh it so others, who might not have known it, find out about it.  Thanks for bringing to the front for people.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thanks for the information. My experience has been the best outside of the U.S. in London. I am usually treated to a VERY large buffett style breakfast at many locations, which has 4 different types of sausage, etc, goes on and on. It certainly would be great to get something like this at the U.S. locations! What a shame. Some locations are decent, but others are just so-so.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...