4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 6:41 PM by alrenaissance RSS

$100 Compensation for PLT not receiving Arrival Gift or MR Points

globaltreker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone describe for me when and how is it appropriate to claim the $100 compensation for not getting an arrival gift or MR points?

How does marriott make the call if the MR member is compensated with the $100 as described in the MR Terms and Conditions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: $100 Compensation for PLT not receiving Arrival Gift or MR Points
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

From what I understand, and I did have this issue checked several times to have it reaffirmed, that if a member is not informed at check-in that they have a Platinum arrival gift, that there is a cash bonus offered, and you are to call Rewards Customer Service immediately after it happens to have the situation noted. However, the property has the right to correct the issue during your stay tenure, and if it is remedied, then there is no cash (or cash equivalent) paid.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Last year, at the Marriott Pittsburgh Airport, I was supposed to be given a $100 paper voucher good toward my next stay at any participating Marriott property based on paying a slightly higher room rate. I never did get one during my stay or at check-out, and when I inquired, was informed that they simply "ran out". I gave them the benefit of the doubt, called twice, and some 3 months later got 2 certificates in the mail, but they only had 20 days left on them to redeem! I contacted Marriott Plat Cust Service, who then got in touch with that property, who within a week sent me a very nicely worded apology card with $300 of Marriott travel cards in it, good at any property that Marriott owns (That's right, I said THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS in cards, plus a voucher for a free movie at that location on my next stay with no expiration. Very nice of them I thought! Great customer service once again! I was happy and impressed.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

If an Elite Member believes that compensation is due with respect to any aspect of the Elite Benefits Guarantee, he/she must request payment of the compensation while still a guest at the hotel, prior to checking out. Failure to request such payment prior to check out will result in a complete waiver of any right to receive such compensation.

I agree, as this is the way it was communicated to me. I did ask during the stay, they simply said they apologize but were currently "out of stock" at the moment. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and called several times, it is just that I never got anything in the mail from the property for months, and when I did, the certificates were slated for expiration. That is why I think they did what they did. It is not as if I askd them for anything except what I was originally supposed to get, and they came up with the dollar amounts, and I thought they were very generous indeed!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...