11 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 9:36 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Ac hotels

nrenk333@aol.com Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

would like to know how the beds at Ac hotels in Spain and Italycompare to Courtyard beds (upgraded) in the US..

Are the harder or softer?  In particular Ac in Rioja?  AC autograph in Rome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Logroño, La Rioja, Spain AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel La Rioja
Rome, Italy Autograph Collection Boscolo Palace Roma, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Ac hotels
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Don't know about the beds yet.... but, don't expect to use Marriott Gift Cards at AC Hotels as they don't participate.  Now, I'm stuck with $2500 worth of gift cards that I thought that I could use on my vacation.

Just yet another way Marriott has driven me away from them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Could anyone offer an opinion from personal experience?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Andy,

I cannot comment on the specific hotels mentioned above, but in general terms I would say that AC Hotel beds in Spain and Italy tend to be firmer than those found in US and European Marriotts.

A

Still waiting to hear about your expecting "good news real soon" on the gift card usage at AC hotels.

No reply to my previous post on another thread.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Newhilton

I suppose this is another case where an issue is "on their radar" but any decision is a long way off.  Time and time again we are seeing how slowly the wheel of progress move at The Marriott Corporation. 

That said, the world is changing at breakneck speed.  Businesses are merging, others are affiliating with others, even more are co-branding.  All of these decisions are being made with one common goal.  survival.   The airlines for example, have had takeovers, mergers, and massive worldwide affiliations of their own.  While the takeovers have netted a smooth transition to blend the two companies systems, mergers and 'affiliations' have proven to be a bit more challenging to completely blend the  multiple companies.  I suspect in Marriott's case, once the decision to merge was made, the #1 goal would have been to increase revenue by bringing the Marriott customer base into the world of AC Hotels.  Smart idea, right?  Only problem is that the Marriott customer base expected a seamless and immediate transition.  This particular problem (gift card usage) is simply a case of Marriott under delivering on the smooth transition.  An example of slow progression, I have recently been experiencing a heightened level of awareness of my elite status at Ritz Carlton.  It has taken a few years to get here, but just last week I was upgraded at a Ritz.  "Times-they-are-a-changin"

You can't use gift cards at the Ritz Carlton either, Shoeman.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I'm not convinced that you can't.  Why don't you just call the hotels and ask them?

pluto77,

From the FAQs on gifts.marriott.com:

Q. Where can I use my Marriott GiftCard?

A. Marriott GiftCards can be used at any participating Marriott properties, including JW Marriott, Edition, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn and Suites, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, and Marriott Vacation Club.

Please also see Andy's response on this thread:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/9978

airservant Platinum 3 Reviews

In my experience, hotel beds in Spain resemble billiard tables. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I stayed at the AC Hotel Ciudad Sevilla, and enjoyed nice, relatively comfortable beds! They are not quite up to par with Marriott beds, but are a vast improvement to the beds found in even expensive Spanish hotels. Additionally, the staff were terrific (and they spoke excellent English). This particular property has only one fault — ambulance sirens right on the adjacent streets, sound more or less continuously throughout the night. It must be close to a hospital, and became irritating after about 3 nights.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Many thanks for this one; both helpful and witty.

Best,

A

Airservant,

What are the arrival gift options that are given at AC Hotels... other than the points, please?

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...