0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 11:23 AM by razorbackfan RSS

Residence Inn Baton Rouge (LA) Towne Center at Cedar Lodge

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This Residence Inn, a property less than 5 years old, is a Category 3.  We were told that it is due for upgrading soon; however, we thought it was in great shape.  Our check-in was prompt.  I was asked if I wanted to choose the points and which floor I preferred, but no specific platinum welcome.  Our suite on the 4th floor was well-appointed.  We didn't cook, but the kitchen area included a microwave, 2-burner stove, and full size refrigerator.  The room was very clean.  I liked having the vanity area separate from the shower/tub/toilet area.

The property was sold out for the week-end due to the LSU spring game, the baseball and softball series against Arkansas (boo hoo), a youth basketball tournament, a bowling competition, a dance competition, and a spill over for the Final 4 from New Orleans.  The breakfast area was very crowded both mornings we were there, but the attendants did an adequate job of refilling items.  It seemed to me that the breakfast area was smaller than in other Residence Inns where we have stayed.

The hotel is near (within walking distance) of Towne Center, an upscale shopping complex including numerous restaurants.  We had a late lunch at P. F. Chang's (our first visit).  We were greeted and seated by the manager, assigned to an attentive waiter, and checked on by the manager at the conclusion of our meal to make sure everything was okay.  We had no complaints at all.  They really set a standard for customer service.

Traffic in Baton Rouge is always pretty bad, but you can reach most destinations in a reasonable amount of time.  The hotel is not too far from the LSU campus, downtown, or the Mall of Acadiana.

We will certainly return to this hotel and can recommend it for a long or short stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...