5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 9:44 AM by missgee RSS

Platinum Arrival Gift - Ritz-Carlton

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have checked into a Ritz-Carlton twice within the past two weeks.  Both times I was not recognized as a Platinum Member, nor was I offered a Platinum Arrival Gift.  I cannot make heads nor tails of the Terms and Conditions for this omission.  Am I to speak with them, now, while I am still at the property?  Thanks for any help someone can offer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Arrival Gift - Ritz-Carlton
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The Benefits Guarantee says that request for compensation must be made before leaving the property. I agree the benefit T&C's are somewhat confusing. The comp might be for being walked when there is a confirmed reservation. However, the points gift is listed under Elite Guarantee. The compensation does say ANY part of the Elite guarantee not provided. If you are in the States, call the Platinum line and ask for clarification. Then, ask the hotel....before leaving.

As an aside, have you checked your account online to see if the points were added?

Happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Good Point tef178!

I recently stayed at a Ritz property and the bonus points were auto-deposited into my account.  By the way, that was on a reward stay.  I was not greeted as a Platinum, but I did have a hand-written note from the GM welcoming me back and a cheese and cracker [platter with a wine split.....

favargas Platinum

The Platinum Arrival Gift at Ritz Carlton Properties is always 1000 bonus points and your account should have been credited after departure. As a platinum member they will also upgrade you to the best available room upon arrival (Suites and Club level rooms excluded)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Thanks everyone.  That was a very nice welcome, Shoeman!  I guess it depends on the property as to how you're treated.  Don't know why I would think otherwise.  lol

Haven't seen the stays posted to my account, as yet, but will post the results here when I get them.  I was staying on the Club Level.  There were no upgrades available for the first stay.  (I've learned to ask.)  I did receive an upgrade for the 2nd stay.  I was told it was because they weren't showing any standard club level rooms available, even though it showed them as such online.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...