2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 4:29 PM by NathalieF RSS

Why no Platinum recognition at resorts?

gumball1963 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As we all work hard we like to play hard.

I have booked and will be paying for my April trip to the great Marriott resort in Aruba.

I emailed the resort letting them know that I will be celcbrating my 10 year wedding anniversay and that I have Platinum status.

I asked if I could be upgraded.

I basically received a standard reply ,that upgrades are based upon availability.

I understand that. I have been to Aruba over 20 times and go the end of April-May do to the slow period. I like that this is a slower time on the island.

It would be nice if memebrs like myself were treated as a good customer and a ambassidor of the Marriott brand.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why no Platinum recognition at resorts?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

gumball:

Was this a 'computer generated' response? Last time I stayed at this property they called me in advance to see if there was anything they could do to make my stay better. Maybe they will surprise you on arrival and have a nice 'suite' waiting to help celebrate your anniversary!

Congrats and Happy Travels! Let us know how the stay goes...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why no Platinum recognition at resorts?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

It sounds like you've tried what can be done but I understand where you're coming from. Congratulations and happy anniversary!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...