4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 11:00 AM by pluto77 RSS

Recommendation for Paris in the fall?

motown Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Suggestions for a Marriott property in Paris for a fall stay? We don't need luxury. Seeking quiet room with comfortable bedding and reasonable access to the Metro.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Recommendation for Paris in the fall?
    laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

You can stay at Marriott Disneyland.  My wife and I stayed there for a week.  There's a bus stop outside Marriott that you can take to the Metro station to go to Paris.

You can also walk to the nearby grocery and bakery.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Motown,

Do you have any budget constraints?  I ask because a lot of the hotels in central Paris, while offering quiet (thinkng Ren. Vendome here) are quite spendy.  If you want quiet with reasonable pricing, I recommend the following:

Rive Gauche.  Quiet neighborhood, walk to the metro station less than 1/4 mile.

Courtyard Paris Boulogne.  Never stayed there (new hotel) but metro is .3 miles away, and neighborhood looks quiet and pleasant.

Courtyard Neuilly.  Also never stayed there but located in beautiful and quiet upper end neighborhood.  It's a mile walk to the metro though, so depends on how much you enjoy walking.

The Ren. La Defense is in the high rise business district, but I'm sure quiet inside (going to stay there myself for the first time next month.)  It is well recommended by Insiders here.

These are mid-range priced.

I also favor laketahoe's idea above.  We almost decided to stay there at Bailly-R.  It is a commute to/from Paris (45-55 mins all told).  You have to catch the town bus at the stop just at the entrance to the resort, then bus to Disneyland train station RER A (only 3 miles away, but a few bus stops inbetween, which can lengthen the time of the bus ride).  Then catch the RER A straight into Paris.  The bus and trains run every 10-20 minutes depending on time of day/day of week, and you'll want a zone 1-5 paris visite pass if staying here and going to Paris most days.  We opted against it this time only because we will have kids and strollers, but I really want to stay there sometime.  The village looks very peaceful and "French!"  As another Insider who recommended the property said, the market and dining prices are much less expensive than in central Paris.

Also for first time travelers, especially if you're not used to public transportation, you may feel some anxiety about using public transportation at first, but it's very easy to figure out and get the hang of, so no need to be bothered by worry over that.  If you need more info, let me know!

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Motown,

Last Fall (Sept. 27 - Oct. 2) my wife and I stayed at the Rive Gauche and had a wonderful time.  I choose this hotel based on the recommendations of a number of Insiders.  It is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood and very convenient to the metro system and RER B.  There is a grocery store a short distance down the street toward the Glaciere Metro stop and ATMs as well.   As Pluto77 mentioned, after a few trips on the Metro you will be at ease with it.  You can even take the RER B from CDG to within a few blocks of the hotel (exit - Denfert Rochereau).  The room was a bit on the small side considering American standards but was perfectly acceptable.  It was clean, quiet and comfortable.  I would definitely not hesitate to stay at this property again.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

gm1,

You're right about it being an easy train ride to/from CDG, as there are no transfers, which is quite great since luggage is involved, and the RER B stop at Denfert-Rochereau has an elevator (not common).  It is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood.  We all agree that the rooms are small, but very doable for two people, and who spends much time in a hotel room when in Paris anyway!   (I can tell you about small...one time I stayed in a room in the 7th for 69€/night, because I arrived two days early for a family trip.  Now that was small!  About 65 sq ft and a bathroom about 6 sq ft!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...