2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 11:56 PM by tryt53 RSS

Change in Category for Hotels

pevers Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Two weeks ago, I made a reservation at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront using Marriott Rewards. Due to a slight change in plans, I need to extend the stay by one more night. When I attempted to change the current reservation, my total pricing changed from 30,000 points a night to 35,000 for all the nights in the stay. Going back to the reservation website, I noticed that the tier for this hotel had changed from Category 6 to 7.

I can understand that Marriott has the right to change prices and/or tier levels without any prior notification. However, I believe that for a change in reservation, they should honor the original price and only reprice the actual change (ie, additon one night). I ended up making a second reservation just for the added night. This same impact and saved me quite a few points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Change in Category for Hotels
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Not sure how many nights the original reservation was for, but if the added night was for a fifth night, it should have been a free night on the 'Redeem four nights, get the fifth night free deal'.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Change in Category for Hotels
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

pevers,

I would definitely contact Customer Service about the change in rate, and as tef mentioned, about the redeem 4 nights, get the 5th night free deal also.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...