5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2016 3:12 PM by notsohappy1 RSS

Marriott Sanibel Harbour Ft. Myers FL. Book at your own risk!

marriottrewardssucks Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The good: Pretty view if you can get it. Main pool is very nice. Maid service, bellman, pool service and valet was excellent.

Th bad: Front desk staff does not get it! I've stayed in several top tier Marriotts recently and this is becoming the norm. Platinum member using points to stay here. Paid extra points for upgrade to a waterfront room. I could see the water if I stood up on the balcony and craned my neck to the right. Unacceptable! They did move me but why put me through all YOUR drama? I'm on vacation. Make it easy. I reported that my TV remote was not working at 10 am. Still not working at 7 pm. Unacceptable!  No Beach. Rooms are dated.

Recently, I've questioned why I'm loyal to Marriott. Stay elsewhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Sanibel Harbour Ft. Myers FL. Book at your own risk!
    globaltreker Platinum

I wanted to stay here last summer but when I learned that the hotel is actually in a "Harbour" and not on a Beach it was less desirable.

I rarely pay for an upgrade using points.  I don't think its worth it most of the time.  As a platium premier I usually just ask for it at check-in, if I get it for free fine, if not oh well.  At least I tried.

I try to checkout the hotel property on Google Earth and Hotelview.com prior to booking just to make sure its what I am expecting.

With remotes, I take it downstairs to the front desk and just stand there until they have to deal with me.  They usually call maintenance on the spot and bring me a new one within 5 minutes.  Yes, its a bother but I get instant action.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Wow, I just booked from April 27 through May 1st. Wish I had read this post first, although I knew it was on the harbour with no beach. I did rent a car in advance, and paid an extra 5 bucks a night for what they say is a full ocean view room. When I called there, they said I would most likely get a suite upgrade, as the occupancy was low this time of year. The front desk operator was very polite when I called. I did get a really good rate when I booked as well. I was curious if you has any other points or insights. I appreciate it. I have never been to the gulf side of Florida, so was pretty excited. I saw that the property was 85 acres, and I noticed that they had on site fishing equipment (I assume for rent). Have you had any experience with fishing? As long as I can do some fun outdoor stuff, I can drive to the beach. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks! - Al.

marriottrewardssucks Platinum 5 Reviews

Hi Al,

As stated, I received great service from everyone but the front desk staff. I expect, at Paltinum Level and paying extra up front, to get they very best room available. No exceptions! I can't believe that the front desk even took these facts into consideration when rooms were assigned. I arrived late and was screwed. During this trip I stayed at a Courtyard, Renaissance, Marriott Resort and a JW. The front desks at the Marriott Resort, JW and Renaissance were less than helpful.

Re: Marriott Sanibel Harbour

There is a daily resort fee of $15 which includes WiFi, fishing equipment, bicycles and use of the fitness room at the spa. I saw several guests fishing but didn't see them catch anything. Sunsets are beautiful. These restaurants are not fancy, great fun and the food was excellent. They're near Ft. Myers Beach about 7-8 miles from the Marriott. Doc Ford's, Parrott Key Carribean and the Smokin' Oyster Bar (SOB). Try Sanibel Island or Ft. Myers for beach time.

DP

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you VERY much for your very valued info. I was wondering what the resort fee would go towards, and you have answered that. I have to talk to the Mrs. and share your information. I hope it is alright if I post an additional question or two after I talk to her. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I agree that you should have been treated better. as you would say "NO EXCEPTIONS!" I Hope your weekend is going well, and I am sure I will have a question or 2 coming up tomorrow. Much appreciated!

Al

notsohappy1 Member

Hi

I had a horrible experience at a Marriott in Sanibel Island in FL.

There was so much mold in the hotel that I got REALLY sick and it took me approx 5 weeks to recuperate.

I complained after I left and was told they hired an independent mold inspection company to check it out and that the company said there was no mold. (They actually showed me the report and indeed the report shows no mold., although I don't understand how - as the mold was so strong smelling and made me so sick.)

I asked for some kind of compensation and was offered 10,000 Marriott points. I told them I wasn't satisfied with the 10,000 and that I wanted 20,000, but was refused several times.

On TripAdvisor, lots of people complain about the mold in this hotel.

Honestly, I think they should have given me the 20,000 points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...