1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 10:21 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Explore Our Brands

goestoeleven Gold
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott website has a new (to me) tab titled "Explore our Brands".  Courtyard, Springhill and Fairfield fall into the "Modern Essentials" category.  Each is given a one sentence upbeat summary of the brand.  For the life of me, I still can't understand the target market differentiation of these three brands.  The American Marketing Association defines brand as "Name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller's good or service as distinct from those of other sellers."  To me, these three brands remain ambiguous.

My $.02,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Explore Our Brands
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Modern Essentials...hmmm.

I'll say this:

FFI & S  has done a very nice job with their new builds. The suite is set up nicely. I'll take a new FFI over most of the other brands for select service.

SHS   has created a wacky color scheme with it's new builds. I can get over that. The draw back is the single TV on a swivel between the bedroom and sitting area. Not good.

CY  has a nice suite or even single room. King rooms with the TV off to the side is problematic. Adding the fridge to all rooms is great. The no breakfast is a big issue. Often a deal breaker.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...