Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 2:52 PM by proelite RSS

Censorship

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I don't expect to be active in the near future, because apparently as a result of simply responding to a question, my response was reported as abuse.  Yes, the response was political, but so was the question, to which I attempted to give an answer.  And I find it hard to believe that my answer was provocative since I indicated above all I was an independent.

Anyway, I don't want to go beyond that in my comments.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Censorship
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Did the community manager let you know why you were censored. Did this occur today???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Weird since I thought the post was relevant. And respectful to boot.

I'll answer today, but I mean it when I say I am upset. No I was not alerted that I was censored, but even my posts do not appear when I go to my personal portion of the website.  And thank you, SS, for saying it was relevant and respectful.  I only thought I was responding, and since I truly am independent have very few axes to grind.  Still, if this is what it is coming to, I don't want to be a part.

I will be interested in what the Community Manager has to say about this..I have never seen any of your posts that would come close to being censored and would appreciate the Community Manager addressing this. We, in this forum, do not want to lose your valuable contributions here.

NathalieF

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I get frustrated when they make changes to the web site.  I get mad when my posts get censored!  Professor, I completely agree...I would be upset (that's putting it mildly) too.  And I also thought the post was relevant and respectful.

I can only imagine why your post was taken out and others (mentioning Romney for example) apparently survive. Are we not a nation that believes in Freedom of Speech?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"Are we not a nation that believes in Freedom of Speech?"

Exactly!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I guess I must have missed this thread but I can never remember the Prof ever posting anything that would be disrespectful. The same goes for Jerry. If I had to pick two posters who epitomized polite and nice it would be the Prof and Jerry (with no disrespect meant to others). I mean, really, can anyone think of the Prof or Jerry as mean spirited or disrespectful in their postings???

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I think I remember the thread/context, but I'm not sure.  I was not offended in the least, nor have I ever been offended by any of your posts that I have read.  I will be very saddened if you become inactive.  Your posts epitomize the exceptional value that this forum offers.  Without them, this forum will lose value for me.  You have a great personality, likeable presence, and the travel/hotel information you've shared has proved invaluable.  Yes Community Manager, what say ye?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Please go to my Laumier Park post and (I did mention you on the last picture).  Here is the message I got early this Morning:  This is a "First for me"!

Hello,

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to Disruptive concerns.

'Laumier Scupture Park, St. Louis, Mo., It's Unique!'

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 12:39 AM

If you have any questions or feel your message has been moderated in error, feel free to email us at insidershelp@marriott.com

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry

was your post possibly a coded message to the occupy wall street group telling them where to meet up?????????

Shoeman,

You "Nailed it",  you know what people are like that visit Washington, Mo, and Meramec State Park.!

I've really hit a new low, "Recommending that people could visit and enjoy a Scupture Park, on a beautiful Spring Day, FREE'!

hahahaha

Wow..that is interesting that the moderator would censor that..Please keep us informed on why that was censored...Insiders are going to start to vacate this site if they continue being that silly about censoring these type comments.

NathalieF

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Jerrycoin, we'll look into your inquiry as well.

Yes, but the moderator needs to be using a little common sense here to0...Maybe there is a word or two they don't like but the moderator needs to put this into context and not turn Insiders off to this site due to insensitive censoring!!!! And I find it hard to believe that either Jerry or the Prof would ever put something on this site that would necessitate censoring!!!!

Jasper,

Thanks for your comment!  It takes a lot of time to go "Out of your way", as so many others and yourself have done to help maybe one family be "Better Off", because the used The MI.  You and I know what it's like to both get into that "Rock throwing" situation in the Middle East, and/or avoiding because another MI "Tipped you off" about a certain place or situation.

I can assure you, and can attest to the thousands of posts I have read or written, there are very, very few things that don't belong here.

Jerry did anyone report your post as offensive that you know of?

SS,

No, I am convinced their is just some "Glitch" in the system.  I got six messages in a row yesterday morning telling me that my post was "Disruptive".  But the post was not deleted. 

Andy has indicated he will check into the situation, so we will see!

Have a great day.

It turns out the images were removed because they weren't visible - so although "disruptive" may not have been the most descriptive category, the moderators were trying to keep what seemed like spam off the site. Since the three images were uploaded twice and removed for not being visible, the system sent six email notifications. As I mentioned in my email, feel free to email me the images and I can see if they're too large or the wrong format (.jpg, .gif, .png are all acceptable formats) so you can post the images.

I hope they can resolve this Jerry.  You are a nice person and I would think that they know that from your history with MRI.  Let's hope it is an automated glitch they can fix, and maybe send you. let's say,  a million points as compensation

And Jerry because I am a good buddy, you can split those points with me!!!

I would think the points should be distributed equally amongst us all......  it's only fair.

Shoeman, SS, Jasper,

May need to give these to The Professor, it might "Make her day", after some of what she has been through!

Hope she's reading these, she is a great addition to the site and always has been.  And Jerry glad that this was found out to be photos not words.

proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

Glad it has been resolved Jerry has been a valuable long standing member of our community

proelite,

Thanks for the comment.  I try to be supportive, informative and cooperative.  Most of us get satisfaction out of helping others.

proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

jerry you are a long time good guy on insiders

We'll be happy to look into this for you but to be clear, the community is not censored. All discussions are subject to moderation to maintain accordance with our Terms of Use. I can't yet speak to this specific post, but the most direct way to dispute any moderated content is to contact the NathalieF. Here's more information, What can I do if my post has been moderated?

It turns out only jerrycoin's images were removed as they were "blank". Let us know if there are any other specifics we can look into and thanks for your continued participation! If the post was hidden for a period, it was likely flagged as abusive by members of the community and hidden until the moderation team could verify the content - to actually reinstate it.

Andy,

"All's well, that ends well"!

ProfC,

Any response, explanation or apology from the community manager?

Hi Lori,

He couldn't find it and it's no longer even in my posts (double whammy?), but I know people saw it because some responded.  Anyway, I was just annoyed that I had taken some time to respond only to have it evaporate.  At the moment, I am so busy (I'm going to NYC Thursday and Friday to be a discussant for the off Broadway play of "Saint Joan"), which should be fun but also means cramming more of the rest of my  time into preps and grading.  Never fear, I'll be back !

ProfC

Professor,

Have a safe trip, and let us know how it goes!

Give us a report on the hotel too, please

Ditto Jerry and Steppingstones.  The discussion sounds very interesting.  And glad you're still here!

Prof, pleased to hear your staying on Insider's...Be sure to give us an update on your NYC trip!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...