10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 1:29 PM by nuhusker RSS

Satisfaction Achieved from Marriott Rewards Customer Service

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This past weekend I made some upcoming reservations, cancelled some, and then added a crib request to one of my existing reservations at Raleigh Downtown Marriott using 40k points for a two night stay.  Well, little did I know that since this hotel recently changed from a cat 4 to a cat 5, this crib request up'ed the required points from 40 k to 50k!  So I called MR Customer Service to find out WHY and to get my 10k points back into my account.  The agent had no idea why that happened but would be happy to reinstate those 10k points within 3 days after I completed this stay.  WHAT??!!!!  They took my points immediately but want me to wait till May to get them back??  So, being totally dissatisfied with that answer, I asked to speak with a supervisor.  In steps Alta to the rescue!  She understood the problem, we came to an agreeable solution which involved allowing me to use 2 cat 1-4 free night certificates thus getting my 50K points back immediately, and comp'ed me 10k points for my trouble and frustration.  Nice move.  She offered her personal extension number in SLC if I ever needed help with my account again and after I asked for it she gave me her boss's email address so I can send a complimentary note of thanks regarding the help I got from Alta.  Not only did I get my account straightened out, Marriott earned a ton of goodwill points from me as well.  Another satisfied customer!!  Awesome!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Satisfaction Achieved from Marriott Rewards Customer Service
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

husker:

....and that's the way it should be handled! Nicely done. Glad to see that it was worked to your satisfaction.

Enjoy the stay!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

you're right.  And thanks.  Our youngest daughter is getting married in Raleigh so I've been using a lot of points for family members to stay at the Marriott.  I'm not making anymore changes!  lesson learned.  We'll have a great time afterall.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Very generous goodwill gesture.  Nice going nuhusker and Marriott (Alta!)  I had a similar mixup last October.  Didn't get any goodwill points, but did get things straightened out.  Was happy about that.  Yes, to piggyback tef, have a great time!

Thank you pluto.  It could be that my frustration level was nearing stratosphere level.  I just couldn't believe that they can take your points immediately, but not reinstate them till after the stay is completed.  The goodwill points were Alta's idea...made it just a little sweeter when I didn't have to beg for something.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

nuhusker,

Weddings can do that!  Which is why you don't need any added and unnecessary hassles.  Sounds like you guys are in for a glorious and joyful time.  Enjoy!

You're right about weddings.  This will be on some small island in the Bahamas and then a big shin-dig in Raleigh.  But my wife and daughter are having the time of their lives planning everything.  And I'm enjoying watching their pleasure.  We have 3 children -- this is the last to be married -- and none of them wanted to get married in Nebraska.  I was hoping for a Sea of Red reception! 

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

nuhusker,

That's great to hear when they take care of it that nicely.  Hopefully the first person you talked to will get some briefing/training from the manager who did such a good job of keeping a loyal customer happy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...