13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 11:07 PM by jerrycoin RSS

B'ak'tun and Bucket Lists?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

calendar.jpgWe've only got a few months until, according the Mayan Long Count Calendar, the world ends (on December 21st, give or take a day). So I'll ask again: if this is to be what's your Need to Do It Now Before it All Goes Away Bucket List!! consist of?

I've already visited some of the more famous Mayan ruins (as maybe you all have as well) and can confirm that these folks were quite advanced astrologically, if not compassionately.  But they did make a nifty calender and with our collective wisdom and a tad bit of 'pseudo science,' we've determined that end date is just about 8 months from now.

Remember you'll need to list those things that must be completed before the EOTW (End of the World).

Good Luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mexico
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
  • Re: B'ak'tun and Bucket Lists?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Mayan, schmayan, my dear Steppingstones.  Not gonna happen!  .

But if it did... All Earthly destinations (with the exception of Bad Windsheim, Germany), would be a thing of the past.  Upcoming trips to Paris and Italy and Monterey and Carmel and Coeur d'Alene and Newport Coast Villas would be out the window.  Bye bye!  No longer care.  I'd make peace with my enemies (yes, there's one or two out there), and with the exception of telling more people more often how much I love and appreciate them, I would speak less, listen and pray more, and slow down.  Yep, I said slow down.  I'd quit my job and spend the next 9 months with my little grandchildren in Bavaria.  Drink beer and eat schnitzel and sauerkraut.  Smell the roses and fresh cut grass.  Take more walks with the dogs.  Breathe deep breaths.  Live in the moment.  Every moment.

That is all.

(You had to ask!)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Forgive that is my motto, and why not?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Yes, why not indeed!

(Where's all our bucket listers?)

Not big fans of Mayan prognostication I guess

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm not a bucket list kind of guy, but I'm just wondering that with Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow in the same city...is it possible that the Mayans just might be right?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

This is most interesting!  How many predictions have we already had?

I don't buy it either, but you give me a chance to share with you a photo from outside Mexico City that was an experience.  I was with a reporter who talked me into going to this "Pyramid", when we got there she said she would not walk to the top.  I then talked her into walking to the top, and it was a most wonderful experience.  I watch all the "Ancient alien shows", so I guess you may think "I've lost it", but I find all this entertaining.

By the way, I was staying at the JW Marriott in Mexico City, and it was a wonderful place.  The rooms were fantastic and the CL was fantastic, the food, especially the fruit

PTDC0016.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
    Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

those Aztecs knew how to build up. That's for sure Jerry

PS Jerry I also have hiked the pyramids in the city of Cancun and in Guatemala.  My favorite was Chitzen Itza where the Jaguar with the jade eyes resided

SS,

It is pretty interesting, when you consider how much ahead of their time they were.  The calendars, culture and developments. 

SS,

Hope you are doing  well on your recovery!

I would not go back to Mexico City, at least not to have a "Holiday"!  However, it was a great experience as I was the guest of the Mexican Mint Director, and along with The US, and Canadian Mint Director, we had a lovely dinner hosted in the first "Silver Smelting" location in the "New World".  The food in Mexico City was outstanding and it was a very special trip.  This was when all three North American Mint Directors were all ladies, the first time in history.  All were very classy ladies, and very nice to me.

Thanks for your post, great memories!

wonderful--someday it will be OK to go back

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I was kind of thinking "why didn't they build ramblers".  Guess they didn't have Aztec-boomers in those days.  Probably all got sacrificed before they got that old

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sounds like a "Twilight Zone" moment for me!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...