4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 3:23 PM by carolc RSS

Rewards Certificate - Free nights Chase Visa

carolc Silver
Currently Being Moderated

-

I earned 2 nights by upon opening a new chase visa card.  I see that the rewards expire 6/2012.

Do I have to stay at a Marriott before 6/2012 or just book a room before 6/2012?

Can I requested an extension?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Certificate - Free nights Chase Visa
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

with all the certificates I've earned in the past, I had to complete the stay before the expiration date.  I do remember, however, at least one post where an Insider called MR Customer Service and was able to get the expiration date of the certificate extended.  Good luck.  And enjoy your stays!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carolc Silver 2 Reviews

Thank you.  I believe I read somewhere that you can only extend if you paid for the certificate with points.  If it is a free certificate then you can't.  I guess I just need to call Customer service and find out. 

Thanks for your help

marziquita Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi - I have been able to extend my free night certificate each time I receive it. The customer service line will tell you they are "requesting" the extension, but it has always been granted in my case for one 6 month increment. Just call and ask, otherwise you will never know!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...