5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 8:41 AM by anadyr RSS

Larkspur, CA, A "Budget" alternative to San Francisco!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you want to add some "Extra Beauty", as well as a little adventure to your experience while visiting the San Francisco area, consider, Larkspur, Ca.  Recently, tried this for some meetings in the Bay area and it was "Refreshing"!  First of all, I flew into Oakland, took the BART, to SF Pier, and bought a ticket on the Ferry to Larkspur.  Upon arriving in Larkspur, walked off the Ferry to the CY across the street.  It was a wonderful CY, and they gave me a nice upgraded room.  There were places to dine and relax in the area as well.  Then rented a car, and had a wonderful time visiting Tiburon, Sausalito, Muir Woods, and a lovely town I can't remember the name, but Prince Charles had been there, and they were still talking about him.  (Help?, it was a small town with two great places to dine across the street from each other.  It might have been Inverness, it had to be close to there?).

What was especially nice was taking the Ferry, back and forth, from Larkspur to the SF Waterfront.  It was great using the public transportation to enjoy any part of the city you would want to see.  Especially enjoyed all to do at Fisherman's Wharf.  Toured Alcatraz, and enjoyed the Cable Cars.  What was really nice was NO CAR, NO Parking problems or expense, and the Ferry was interesting and an inexpensive way to see the "City on the Bay".

Cost wise the CY was around $150 per night vrs. $450 for The Ritz, or at least $250/night for the JW.  Wish I had more pictures to share with you, but here a few!  It was a wonderful time!

PTDC0010.JPG

My buddy from The Canadian Mint (Also PP), also really enjoyed the area. He did NOT miss the weather in Canada!

PTDC0015.JPG

What a way to see the area!  Love to see "Old Glory", in any town!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Larkspur, California, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
  • Re: Larkspur, CA, A "Budget" alternative to San Francisco!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This is a great trip!  Larkspur has a lot of charm and beauty too.  Thanks for posting

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Larkspur, CA, A "Budget" alternative to San Francisco!
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Do you have any idea of the small town, that Prince Charles visited to promote some sort of new seeds?  It was a rustic town and they were still selling memorabilia from his visit.  It is driving me crazy to think about where this was. Point Reyes Station?  It was on the Pacific side in this area, and a wonderful drive from Larkspur.

Enjoy your day, I am sure you are having a more inspiring day than me.  I am in Sullivan, Mo, and it's too far to commute to St. Louis from here.  Next week, I will bet my 5 nights in Marriott to wrap up my 50,000 megapoint bonus.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...