6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 2:41 PM by anadyr RSS

Chase Visa

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I wasn't going to say anything at all because I know it happens and when it does it's very aggravating. But, my wife was shopping today and was told by a clerk (in more than one location) that there was a problem. She was also told where she works (retail) by more than one customer that their Chase card had been compromised.

So, here goes:

My Marriott Chase Visa was compromised last week (stolen) and the company notified me because as I was charging my restaurant purchase in Naples, FL while someone else was using a copy of my card in Ocala, FL. Now, my thought was that someone had, as they can easily do today, copied my card info at one of the locations I had shopped and made a copy of my info to create a card. But, my wife told me that MANY folks had been having problems with their Chase Visa and their card info being compromised so they couldn't use it. Has anyone heard anything about Chase having their customer info compromised in their system?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
  • Re: Chase Visa
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tef,

I was one also who was compromised.  Last Sunday, we got a call from Marriott Visa, that our card was being used to buy gas in California.  It was not us, so they cancelled the Premier Card and sent us a new one.

Ironic, that this is happening to others?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerry:

Very ironic. They called me before I got back to where I was staying in Naples. However, they never said anything about 'other' issues going on. They cancelled my card also and re-issued, but we still have to go through the aggravation of answering the query as to whether or not we have possession of the card.....the 'blue sheet' they send out to state unequicovably that we didn't make any of the charges that were fraudulent, and so on. If the 'issue' was an internal one, why not just let us know that, cancel the card and move on? I was very surprised when my wife relayed all this info about others having problems with their Chase Visa being compromised....and it was not just the 'Marriott' Visa.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tef,

We were lucky, the Chase people spotted this and fixed it.

It's a frightening world out there.

The best to your happy resolution

Jerry

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Wow not to me but always could happen

My wife worked yesterday and two more shoppers complained about credit card issues. She asked and was told by both customers that their Chase issued cards were unusable as they had been compromised and they were being issued new ones. One of them was a Marriott Visa. I guess it must be something that's happening here in northwest FL, GA, and AL as the issue seems to be really prevalent down here from a number of folks in these areas. There's been a bunch of them.

I received my new card and any charges were removed from my account that weren't mine, and that's good, but it's a pain to re-do all the auto-pays.........

Just once in my life I'd like to find one of the jerks that does this credit card rip-off stuff....... But, then again...I wouldn't be able to post on this site from where I'd be going after I caught up with them......

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

so true!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...