4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 6:31 PM by pluto77 RSS

Spirit To Serve Nomination: Manuel R.

milton Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My daughter and a school mate were invited to attend the Communication Media Association convention in NYC the weekend of March 17, 2012. Being poor college students, and the college not allocating alot of money to cover the cost of the trip and conference, I agreed to let them use my Marriott points to cover the cost of the hotel. After checking in, my daughter informed me that she and her school mate were unable to access the internet. They called the front desk and were told that it would cost an additional $17.95 per day to get internet access. WOW. They did without WIFI their first night. The next morning they pleaded their case to Mannuel (Manny) R. at the front desk, and after looking into my backround as a loyal Marriott timeshare owner and loyal Marriot property user, he took steps that allowed them internet usage during the remainder of their convention trip. Manny is the kind of person that is making a huge difference for my daughter's first solo trip to NYC. He cares about PEOPLE! I called him personally and thanked him for helping my daughter and her class mate obtain the internet during their trip. Thanks Marriott for hiring great people like Manny!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
  • Re: Spirit To Serve Nomination: Manuel R.
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings milton, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thank you for helping to acknowledge associates and outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

It's nice to know an outcome from a Spirit to Serve nomination, and that Marriott employees who exhibit excellence are rewarded/recognized.  Great story!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...