3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 1:01 PM by NathalieF RSS

jeneall p

ltm Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to nominate this woman for a spirit to serve award. She works at the Salt Lake City call center. I called in about ten days ago to change my mega bonus promotion, and after she had finished with that, she asked me if there was any other help that I needed with Marriott. I advised her that I had two other problems related to points, but that not even supervisors were able to solve the problem. She asked me for the opportunity to try to resolve the problems, and I declined. She insisted on giving her the opportunity to assist so reluctantly I described the two problems to her. The one problem involves Chase and she indicated she could not help directly with this, but that she would send an email to describe my frustrations. Second problem involved the system not giving points where I had multiple reservations overlapping one another. She advised me that she was not sure she could fix that, but she would try. She seemed to know what was causing the virtual loop I was in!!! And guess what? The next day, the problem I had written three letters about was resolved and the points granted. This woman was absolutely determined to solve my problem. Can you imagine what kind of world we would live in if everybody took that approach?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: jeneall p
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

jeneall

what a great story!  all to often, we travelers run into folks that just want to do the minimum amount of work in order to get by.Oh, of course they care, but the proverbial "spirit to serve" just doesn't exist.  Well, you had the fortune of coming into contact with someone who was determined to make your day better than what it was when you called.  We all know the feeling, when you know you are dealing with someone who cares and you silently shout out a "YES".  Congrats to you Jeneall, and thanks for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have had the pleasure of speaking with her as well and second all you've said about her.  She is a shining light in SLC

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings ltm, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...