2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2012 11:43 PM by roxgrl3 RSS

JW Marriott Guanacaste Costa Rica

mnflying Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are going to the JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort in Costa Rica end of March, 2012, we are staying with my points that I have earned.  I am responsible for the international travel program for my company and I am on the road weekly.

In reading the reviews from the hotel - I have heard so many bad reviews regarding bad food, bad service, bugs in the room and the food will be outrageously priced.  We are starting to wonder if we made the wrong decision to stay at the JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort.

My question to the community - what is your experience with the Resort and should I have concerns?  Are the reports true?

This vacation is very much needed, and I am started to get very concerned that we won’t enjoy our stay from the reviews I have seen.

What is the communities experience?

Advice is welcomed!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
  • Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Costa Rica
    hurleyg Platinum 1 Reviews

Please let me know what you hear / experienced I am there with the family in June

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Costa Rica
      roxgrl3 Platinum

We just returned from an 8 day stay at JW Marriott Guancaste. It is a beautiful resort and was only at 25% capacity, so we had exceptional service. I am Platinum Elite and

we were upgraded to Oceanfront rooms (we had 2), they were steps from the beach and the porches are huge and comfortable. My only complaint is they do not have

complmentary breakfast for elite members or a concierge lounge. Breakfast was $25/person and there were 7 of us, so it added up quickly. If you are looking to sit at the pool or beach and just relax, this is the place. Wish we were still there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...