4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 10:10 AM by iestrikesback RSS

Marina Del Rey (CA) Marriott

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just recently completed a weekend stay here just prior to me flying out of LAX on business.  The property has modern/hip feel to it, especially the lobby/restaurant/bar area.  We were upgraded to a "Santa Monica View" room on the concierge level, with a spectacular view looking north over Santa Monica Bay.  The room was also very nice with a larger-than-usual bathroom for a standard Marriott, with a glass-doored walk-in shower (no tub).  Shower head was big and came down vertically from the ceiling which was unusual, but very nice.  Standard Marriott beds (great), and a great selection of TV channels.  The concierge lounge was closed for the weekend, but we WERE given vouchers for free buffets (for the 3 in our party) in their restaurant!  It was a pretty typical Marriott restaurant with an omelette bar, etc.  The valets and front desk personnel were all excellent.  You also "text" the valets here to have them get your car, which I haven't seen before.  There is a separate elite check-in area well apart from the main front desk.  We also received an e-mail directly from their primary elite "ambassador" prior to arrival asking when were we coming in, and if there was anything we needed.  The hotel is an easy walk to several good restaurants in Marina Del Rey (Killer Shrimp, for one) as well as Venice Beach, the pier, and some more great restaurants there (C&O Trattoria, C&O Cucina, and 26 Beach, to name a few).

In summary, this is a fantastic place to stay in the area.  It's a quick 10-minute drive to LAX.  Also, especially for elites, it's a better option than the nearby Ritz-Carlton IMO.  For a more detailed comparison, see my review of that property.  Feel free to ask me anything I may have missed!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marina Del Rey, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marina del Rey Marriott
  • Re: Marina Del Rey (CA) Marriott
    annie Platinum 44 Reviews

thanks for the feedback! as a platinum member i booked two guests rooms for a one night stay in april. Attending a wedding with my family. I called the hotel if there are any upgrades for plat members and was upgraded to concierge - marina view. However was told the concierge lounge closed for weekends. (Whats the point then?) i was hoping to get light snacks or something for the kids. However the lady told me since it was closed we could get breakfast vouchers for the next morning.She also told me that the elite embassador will contact me a week prior to arrival. i need a mini fridge in each room.

thanks again for the info. i hope the rooms are nice. my mother in law is coming with me and she is high maintenance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

annie

aren't they all????  (mothers in-law)

I would ask for the concierge "Santa Monica" view.  It's better IMO! 

Follow-up review:  Just completed a quick 1-night stay at this property.  We needed an early check-in, and they were able to accomodate us at 9AM!  Concierge Lounge:  Smaller, but very nice.  Not crowded at all for breakfast on Monday, 11/12.  Great selection of hot and cold items.  They've stopped the "texting" to get your car from the valet for whatever reason, but our car was always waiting for us downstairs after we called.  Valet parking ($28/night) is the only option here.      

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...