6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 11:03 AM by anadyr RSS

best hotel experience ever?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We've all stayed at some pretty fantastic places in our travels. now why don't we list one or two places of any brand where the service has been above and beyond what we even expected it to be?

just list the place list the hotel and a few sentences about why the place deserves high marks?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: best hotel experience ever?
    mortgagephil Platinum 4 Reviews

Not the Marriott World in Orlando.  I spent close to 2300.00 dollars for two nights and I had to call down two times (not once) to get them to quiet the next door person who was playing loud rap music at 1030pm while my 3 year old slept.  That was ridiculous as I explained the 1st time i had a 3 year old who was woken up by the noise.  I was not greated as a Platinum (typically they say "thank you for your loyality") and I was just given a paper to fill out (points or reward).  It was sterile experience for a resort.  I know they book quite a few conventions and have quite a large hotel - - but isn't the point to treat Platinum guests with a higher level of service?  Isn't that what is expected from a loyalty program?  That beats points, free rooms, etc. 

The same with the Marriott Albany, NY.  Never acknowledges Platinum.  Never upgrades.  Ever.  (stay there a lot).  Not even put on the Concierge floor nor given access to the Concierge lounge (shouldnt one be upgraded to concierge level provided its not from a room to a suite?).

On the other hand, of all places, the Marquis in NYC actually despite the volume of guests goes above and beyond consistently.

And, the Marriott Tyson Corner, VA is excellent.  The GM of the hotel actually emails a welcome email and has consistently insured, as has her staff, that one is greeted and cared for upon arrival.

So, if you want EXCELLENT service:  Marriott Tysons Corner, VA

If you want GREAT service:  Marriott Marquis

If you want poor service:   Marriott World Orlando

If you want even poorer service:  Marriott Albany NY

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

mortgagephil,

I agree with you!

The Marriott Tysons Corner is very special!

I don't know about the rest of your hotel's, but would have to agree based on your choice of a great hotel!

Thank-you, for your post.

Uaed to stay at TC and loved it~!

fhllast4ever Platinum

My experience with Marriott World in Orlando is quite different from yours-- I was upgraded to a very large suite and I didn't even

ask for it.  I was grateful but I didn't really need it  (how much room does one person really need to sleep?).  The place is great:

I can play tennis, swim, exercise in the fitness room and play golf -- so much to do just within the resort.  Employees are very

pleasant and helpful.  Even the chef did not hesitate to give me his recipe for a dish I like.

good to hear that this happened

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

The most surprising and memorable was my stay at The Marriott, San Diego.

For no reason, other than I was PP, they upgraded me to the best room I have ever had.  It was a two story suite, that I will never forget.  They treated me so special, and though I have not been back, I can't wait to go back, but do not expect this treatment.

P1010188.JPGP1010181.JPGP1010168.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...