3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 5:14 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Washington, MO., "Historic Heartland of America"! (#1)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Everyday I try to do something "Special", I won't be as lucky as NUHusker, to fly in a jet, but Shoeman provided me with an idea, that is to enjoy a "Place a week".  So after driving from my TPS, in Fenton, MO (Right next to the FF), a 40 minute drive out I-44 and then Hwy 100, you can what America is all about.  Yes, another historic "Missouri Rivertown", and I have seen a lot of them.  As Lewis & Clark, explored, my experiences from St. Louis, Jefferson City, Kansas City, St. Joseph, Mo, Omaha, Souix City, IA, all the way thru Montana, beyond Great Falls, Montana have been wonderful.

Yesterday, I dedicated some time, and got a good walk in, driving and taking some photo's in this interesting town.  The first set of photo's are hopefully of interest to Shoeman and his wife, who is a Washington native.  Anyone, would appreciate the community pride here, and that is evidenced by the tremendous amount of "Old Glories" flying in the brisk winds today.  Some of these may bring back memories.  Here are some photo's:  (Will put more out on another thread)

IMG_2002.JPG

The "Old and famous, Patke's Dairy"

IMG_2003.JPG

Rothschild's where dining goes back many years!

IMG_2004.JPGIMG_2005.JPGIMG_2006.JPGIMG_2007.JPGIMG_2009.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fenton, Missouri, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...