1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2012 10:02 PM by swm511 RSS

Courtyard Bistro Value vs. Old Breakfest or Even Fairfield - Which is better value?

stevep Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else feeling less value with the Bistro concept?  As a Platnium Premier member who gets breakfest with corporate rate, I am now limited to one item and no side like fruit.  Also, seems like Fairfield Inn breakfast that's included for everyone offers more.

Does anyone else feel that Fairfield Inn is providing more than Courtyards for value now?

Steve

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard Bistro Value vs. Old Breakfest or Even Fairfield - Which is better value?
    swm511 Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I too am not impressed with the concept.  I just finished a stay at the Courtyard in Newark, DE.  This used to be a great hotel and even won a TripAdvisor number one rating in 2011.  The hotel is affiliated with the University of Delaware and used to offer really great food service for both dinner and breakfast.

For breakfast, they had a buffet station where they would make great fresh omelets to order.  For dinner, they had a good menu and offered some really award winning crab cakes.

Unfortunately, they have now implemented the Bistro concept.  When I tried to have dinner there this week, the menu had shrunk and the waitress had zero knowledge about any of the new menu items.  When I inquired about the fish of the day, she had to go ask someone else for the answer.  When I inquired as to how it was prepared, she again had to inquire to find out.  When I asked what is was served with, she once again had to make an inquiry.  In case you are wondering, the entree was served with a "warm salad."   What exactly is a "warm salad" anyway?  None of the staff knew the answer.  The only good news is that they still offer the crab cakes.

For breakfast, instead of having a waiter or waitress take your order, you have to go and stand in line at the Starbucks counter.  In theory, this is supposed to be quicker?  Instead I wound up waiting for the staff to prepare some of the fancier lattes and other beverages.  Finally, I gave up and hit the drive thru at McDonalds (while not elegant, at least that was quick).

O.K., a lot of the problem I experienced at dinner most likely resulted from a new and untrained waitress.  Still, when I mentioned that I was not very impressed with the Bistro concept to front desk supervisor, he told me that it wasn't their choice to switch to the Bistro concept.  Evidently, they were forced to make the change by Marriott corporate upon threat of losing their affiliation.  

It's sad, because this property is otherwise one of the best Courtyards in the system.

Steve

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...