4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 8:27 PM by gsueagle68 RSS

Has anyone stayed in the villas at Marriott TPC Sawgrass?

gsueagle68 Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

The Marriott TPC Sawgrass is one of our favorite destinations.  We visited the property twice in the span of 3 months last year.  I love playing TPC Sawgrass. He are heading back to the property at the end of this month for a few days.  I have us booked into a Villa Suite.  We have always stayed in the main hotel on previous stays.  I am a little concerned that we may not like the villas as much as being in the hotel.  This is my first trip to the hotel since becoming Platinum.  Any advice or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Rufus

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
  • Re: Has anyone stayed in the villas at Marriott TPC Sawgrass?
    artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

We stayed at this hotel back in Sept 2011. I commented shortly thereafter on hotel vs villas on Tripadvisor. We stayed in the hotel but had originally booked the villas. After reading some of the concerns on TripAdvisor, I contacted the front office manager to discuss. We looked at both when we arrived and decided on the hotel as we like the newer and higher quality accommodations. The villas were described  by someone as a place for the golfers to crash each day, luxury not important. In general, they are not Marriott hotel quality accommodations,but if space and abilty to share a villa with buds or having a kitchen are important, then villas may be way to go. I would compare the villas to a Residence Inn that ready for renovation. I will note that some of the villas are in better shape than others and I believe some are newer. What we saw was equipped with a full kitchen plus you have a living room. We were there for a wedding and the younger crowd using the villas was quite happy to have the space to hang out and party.

By the way, we were quite happy with the hotel accommodations for the 2 of us. That was actually cheaper than the villa plus we had a clean, modern, comfortable room. Our Platinum status got us bottled water every day - the local water -> not so good! Our room overlooked the lake - very nice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Jacksonville, Florida, USA
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stayed there and took my Father to play a round of golf.  It was a wonderful experience and will never forget the beautiful course.  The Villa's were very nice, and perfect me.

Thanks for the input.  We definitely wouldn't use the full kitchen really.  It so happened that the Villa was a really good deal using rate code MMF.  My wife and kids will be with me.  They enjoy going to the Beach Club while I play golf. 

Thanks for the input.  We have been happy with the hotel.  The lobby/common area is very impressive.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...