9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 4:47 AM by arkwright RSS

Washington, MO., "Historic Churches, Buildings, and Monuments"! (#2)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As mentioned in # 1, This town "Ek's" history and pride!  Here are a few pictures that well, give you idea of this thriving community!  This is for you, Shoeman and NUHusker, of course!

IMG_2011.JPG

Borgia Catholic Church

IMG_2012.JPG

View of The Missouri River from Borgia Church!

IMG_2013.JPGIMG_2014.JPGIMG_2015.JPGIMG_2016.JPGIMG_2017.JPGIMG_2018.JPGIMG_2021.JPG

My favorite place to dine, The American Bounty, right on the Missouri River, a wonderful patio or fireside experience!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, Missouri, USA
London, England
  • Re: Washington, MO., "Historic Churches, Buildings, and Monuments"! (#2)
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

This is great stuff.

Shoeman, is that the church you were married in?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NU,

I did not recall him saying he was married here!  This may be a little better picture.  Note a couple more "Things to enjoy, here"!  This bridge may be coming down!  See it in second picture in the distance.  NUHusker, take a look at the last picture, that's the VFW Hall, it used to be The Busch Family (Brewery) Summer home!  It is pretty special, and of course popular, you will want to go!

IMG_2010.jpgIMG_2027.JPGIMG_2022.JPGIMG_2032.JPGIMG_2033.JPGIMG_2034.JPG

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

OMG....

Yes, that is the church where the Mrs and I tied the knot back on June 13, (friday the 13th) 1975.  Thank you Jerry for doing this.  I am currently in China on business, but will share these pics with her when I get back to the states. I can remember clearly some of the downtown sites you posted.  I believe that my wife actually worked at the Missourian  (local newspaper) while in high school, and her father had his office (he ran the local credit bureau) nearby. 

Thanks again Jerry!  You made my day.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry,

This is exactly the type of piece - about a place in the USA  that few (outside of the US) will know of - that I greatly enjoy, and learn from.

Many thanks,

A

arkwright,

Thank-you for your kind reply.  We will have a nice discussion about your current trip and "River cities in the US", at County Hall in April!  Will look forward to relaxing in the beautiful dining room.  I would enjoy sponsoring a glass of sherry or some warm tea to go along with a tale or two! Have a great trip!

IMG_1726.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
      London, England
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry,

Many thanks. A vivid impression of a thriving community.

A

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...