1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 11:13 AM by jasper100 RSS

Residence Inn Houston Downtown/Convention Center

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just spent 3 nights at this Category 3 hotel and had a pleasant stay. It was originally the Humble Oil Building built in 1921.  Our AAA rate for the 3 nights was $89+tax+parking a night.  Chek-in was easy; however, we were not recognized as platinum or offered an upgrade.  Almost as an afterthought, the clerk said he had credited my account with 500 bonus points, but asked if I'd rather have something from the pantry.  There is 1 loading zone parking space in front of the hotel.  Valet parking is available at the Courtyard which is located in the same block.  Parking is $24 during the week and $17 on the weekend.  I have already gotten my e-folio, but the nights/points have not been credited yet.  (Points/nights were credited within an hour of my original post.)  I used gift cards without any problem.

Our room was huge.  It was located on the 10th floor which is the top floor.  We never heard or saw anyone else on our floor during the entire stay!  We had 2 floor to ceiling windows which let in lots of natural light.  The breakfast was good and the attendants did a wonderful job replinishing everything.  We like to eat early to avoid the crowds and on Saturday and Sunday it really made for a more relaxing meal.  On Friday morning, it appeared that most guests (we only saw adults) were business guests or attending a conference.  USA Today, the Houston Chronicle, and the WSJ were available in the breakfast room.

There is an outdoor pool on the 3rd floor which is shared with the Courtyard.  Each hotel has their own fitness room overlooking the pool area.  A Starbucks is located between the 2 hotels.  A shuttle is available during the week to take guests to nearby locations.  Minute Maid Park (where the Astros play) is within "walking distance" probably about a mile. There are many restaurants nearby; however, some are closed on the week-end.  The Metro Light Rail runs on the next block and can take you to the Reliant Stadium area.  The Toyota Center (where the Rockets play), the Convention Center, the theater district, and the museum district are close.

We enjoyed our stay and will stay at this location again if our travels bring us to downtown Houston.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Houston Downtown/Convention Center
  • Re: Residence Inn Houston Downtown/Convention Center
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Glad you had a good stay here. Just a little disappointed that you did not get the appropriate recognition as a Platinum member. My experience at Residence inn's is that they normally only offer upgrades occassionally and only too their one bedroom suites when you have a studio reservation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...