4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 3:13 PM by tef6178 RSS

Marriott and the Internet...a real disconnect

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I know there have been ad nauseum discussions about the Internet and the s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s of it at Marriott properties. But, the issue seems to be falling on deaf ears as the problem, as I see it, is getting worse, not better. Last evening I tried to book a car.....couldn't get to the car rental site...the system just kept spinning in space...FOR HOURS. Opened another window, tried to book a room...no can do. Tried to check e-mail....no can do. Signed off and re-connected....the same situation. For three hours I tried and failed to get an internet connection on any website I needed to get to for mail, car and hotel. I finally just went to bed and left the system spinning. This morning it had a message that the system couldn't access the website I was trying to get to. Is anyone at Marriott actually working on this?

I can't imagine any business person putting up with this non service for the internet when it is such an important part of business travel today.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott and the Internet...a real disconnect
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Tef, is it possible that there was an internet problem at this hotel. Did you contact customer care to determine if their was an internet issue at that particular hotel. I know when I have had a problem with the Internet in the past at Marriott eithe they would indicate a technical problem and/or refer me to their internet provider to get the issue corrected. While I still agree with you that the internet speed is not always what I would like it to be, however there is no excuse for the internet problems you seem to be having at this location!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Jasper:

I did contact the front desk and their response was that there was not an issue going on....just maybe that too many people were online. Of course, one would think that the server would be set up to handle the potential traffic load.......

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Tef,

I'm pretty sure they were doing a little maintenance last night and maybe that affected you trying to get to the site?  I know the speed of internet has been terrible at many sites and I remember a post that I made a while back, pointing to an article where Marriott acknowledged that up till now, all sites had their own Internet providers and were handling it at each location.  Marriott said that they we stating to have it controlled centrally in the future, with only a few standard providers.  That being said, we know how long it can take for things like that, with that much impact, to get fully implemented.  For now, we just have to keep complaining

Yes, and complain we shall. But, I'd just like to see it addressed, once and for all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...