12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 8:38 PM by anadyr RSS

Fairfield Inn Gainesville

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A quick stop....late in and early out this morning from this easy off/easy on I-75 location. This place is old (probably a conversion from an old 'motel off the road' to a FFI by Marriott. But, the place is clean and there are a lot of business folks here, so they must like the cheap price. I even used one of my Marriott Rewards cheques!! Of course, when they applied it initially and handed me the bill, they ADDED the cheque to the total bill! But, they fixed it right away when I pointed it out to them so, no harm, no foul.

Now, on to Orlando, St. Petersburg and Naples!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Gainesville, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
  • Re: Fairfield Inn Gainesville
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

A little chilly but nice--we're here in Venice and off to Fort Lauderdale today--enjoy the Peninsula!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

And you as well!

great news have a good time

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We did a similar type of stop on our way back from FL. Found it a pretty nice place ... would definitely stop again.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tef, stayed there a few times and there is a great Italian dining just about a block behind the FF.  You can walk to it especially after a long drive.  I do not have a picture, but if I find the name, will post.

Have a great trip.

Location Brand Hotel
      Gainesville, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

tef -- have a safe, and fun, trip!

Thanks Husker!!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

OK,

The most enjoyable place to dine was the Italian place, Napolatanos, just behind the FF.  Having dined there multiple times it is special, and not expensive, and you can walk to it from the hotel.  Likewise, they have a great carry-out to bring food back to the FF.  Just don't order too much, as the portions can be very large!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion jerry. Got in way too late for a meal but will give this a try next time as I'm sure I'll stay at this location again!

tef, we getting windblown over here on the East Coast in Fort Lauderdale--hope it's better there

Great weather here! Some wind, but not bad. Still in Orlando, so maybe it hasn't gotten here yet.

Just dropped off the missus old car. It was a great Mercedes convertible but getting up in miles. Ordered her a new Mercedes E-Class wagon. She wanted a wagon so the dogs would be more comfortable when traveling.......now I won't challenge anyone who thinks I'm a 'cadet' for this scenario, but, that's what us dog lovers do.......it's all about them.

cool

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...