3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2012 12:33 AM by jerrycoin RSS

St. Louis Union Station is the "PLACE"!/ For NHL Hockey!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This famous "Train station" was one of the busiest in the USA during WWII.  It is now a great place to enjoy to a great stay at The Marriott property.  You can walk to so much, including Cardinal baseball, NHL hockey, wonderful places to dine.

Recently went to my first "Blue'IMG_1917.JPGs game", and it was only a short walk from the hotel.  Here are a few pictures.

Smiling staff!  Wonderful time, Thank-you Marriott, Union Station!

IMG_0763.JPGIMG_1931.JPGIMG_1925.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Louis, Missouri, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
  • Re: St. Louis Union Station is the "PLACE"!/ For NHL Hockey!
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ahhhhh  hockey.  great viewing sport, especially from the seats on the glass!  I remember the good old days of the checker dome!  what a fire-trap that place was..... but great nonetheless.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

....as a Bruins season ticket holder back in the days of Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Wayne Cashman, Ken Hodge, Pie MacKenzie, Stanfield, Marcotte, Awrey, Doak, Ted Green, Ace Bailey (killed as a passenger on the American Airlines flight that went into the World Trade center towers)..... the big, bad Bruins......what fun! There was NOTHING before or after Bobby Orr and the way he transformed the game and how it was played. The only guy with a team that could go and play the California Golden Seals (does anybody remember them?) and the arena would be standing room only when their usual fan base was about 4000 a game in an 18,000 seat arena. Then, when Harry Sinden traded Esposito to the Rangers and the Bruins got Brad Park and Jean Ratelle.....and Orr and Park only played about 8 games as a defensive pair....I think I saw 4 or 5 of them in the old Boston Garden. Classic! The old Boston Garden....talk about a fire trap...but what a great hockey arena!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Shoeman and tef,

I must admit it was an exciting event, watching Pro Hockey.  The dining at the game was great as well.  Had never seen a better food set up at any pro game.  This was quite a set-up.  Look at these people eat.

IMG_1921.JPGIMG_1922.JPGIMG_1920.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...