2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2012 8:35 AM by anadyr RSS

Smoky highways

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

DSCN9876.JPG

The winds are shifting here in SW Florida and with that comes some morning fog and smoke from low level fires along I-75.  This means that the traffic comes to a slow crawl of a complete stop at times in the morning, causing delays.

Just FYI, in case you're traveling.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida, USA
  • Re: Smoky highways
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS

That smoke and fog was the cause of that 80 or so car pileup on I-75 north of you a month or so ago. We have the same thing happening up here in the Panhandle. It's really difficult if you are an early morning or later evening driver. Until the sun burns off the fog...it's fog as thick as pea-soup driving! It was the same way two weeks ago when we were visiting Tampa/Clearwater/Orlando. Best bet is just to wait for it to  clear!

Happy driving!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Smoky highways
      Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes I recall that pileup. It hit here in Venice when the pastry truck deliveries never got to the little coffee shops on Venice Avenue causing a lot of angry seniors welding canes and walkers

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...