46 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 9:55 PM by eb5147 RSS

No more moving sign-ins?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else noticed a change today?  I filled out Marriott's survey and was scathing about the increasing difficulty of signing in to MRI with the things moving all over the place and having to click three times.

So far it hasn't happened to me again since! Yippee...or perhaps I should hold my congrats until I make sure the same thing happens tomorrow.home

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No more moving sign-ins?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Hasn't changed for me.  Have to go to the far right, click, enter password, then indicate what I want to see.

What happened to the "Good ole' Days"?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

Mine moved also, at least until I refreshed the page where the 5 floating menus show up.  After reloading (refreshing) that screen, I can click on the Insiders linke and it just takes me there now.  You might see if if acts differently after you refresh?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

How about the "Very quick", timing out sign?  Then you have to go back to MI, again?  Is it just me?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I still have the roaming boxes...... 

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Me too ... Still playing hide and seek with the sign in box

allyson

what a great way to describe the situation!

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

I just haven't figured out what the intent was supposed to be. 

good question.  I too, have no idea.

allyson and shoeman,

See if refreshing that screen makes it act differently.  It did for me, after I refreshed.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I am confused but it has nothing to do with Marriott.com

Mine is moving all over the place again this morning when I try and click on MRI.

Even Internet sites need exercise I guess

MIne is moving all over too.  So much for the refresh thought

This time it got even worse.  It moved FOUR times while I was trying unsuccessfully to hit MRI before it moved.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

ProfChiara, Your PC must be possessed!   I know nothing of which you speak!

It's a MAC and it never did anything like this before last week.  Since others have had the same issues, I'm wondering whether it's truly to get me to stop posting (out of sheer frustration of moving targets) or maybe like SS, my eyesight could use some improvement.  We shall see

prof

you might be on to something.  mine also is a MAC.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

professor, I am also having the same (at least it sounds like the same) problem on my iPad and my windows desktop.

One thing odd -- yesterday it briefly worked like it used to -- sign in, no moving screens, and I got to Insiders, hence my message.  But today it's been really awful.  Each time I sign in and click it moves so that I have to try 3 or 4 times to hit the moving target of Marriott Insiders.

This could be a conspiracy.  Are Insiders a target? Inquiring minds want to know...

I am on a MAC and using a Chrome Browser and am getting similar inconsistencies.  I have just about given up hope that the vendors have any clue of how to really make a website work, and are doing any kind of testing on different browsers and hardware platforms.   NathalieF Andy, could we get the concerns of their poor testing, brought up to whoever is in charge of their rollouts?  Thanks.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

We are currently testing the sign in box in all five card placements on the homepage so if you don't sign in and refresh the page, it may* load in the various placements. And then if the sign in card loads in the back, clicking on it would bring it to the front. I've not personally been able to replicate the bouncing or moving but I have informed my colleagues so thanks for the heads up.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

In a number of cases, the 'moving sign-in' box doesn't come to the front. It moves to the center but it is buried underneath all the other 4 boxes. So, I have to move it to the side again and click on the sign in box at the right place to get it to come to the front and center. You can't just click on the box anywhere. Very tedious.

Whack a Mole Marriott style?

Yes, we get 100 points every time we catch the block and are able to sign in

Andy,

After refreshing, it is back up in the right corner, where we all like it.  The problem with it being in one of those 5 floating boxes, is that you see the membership link and click on it when it is in one of the back blocks, and then all that does is move it to the front, and now you have to go click on it again to get the sign-in box to show up, which is frustrating.  Especially with as short as the timeout value is, we spend an awful lot of time re-signing in during the day.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I just remembered that a month or so ago, I kept getting e-mails asking how my experience was on MRI that day and I hadn't even signed into some of those days.  Once, I tried responding that I hadn't signed in but the questions were so limiting, even after responding that I hadn't gone there, that it became a senseless array of questions and answers.  Never answered the surveys again after that even though I got several requests to do so.

Sell that MAC before it evaporates in a cloud of ipads

ss  -  just throw away that windows operating system.  It's a dinosaur.

If it would help, you could always start at http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.com and sign in here. Doesn't resolve a moving link but at least you know where the site is

The problem I see with that is that then when I want to check my account balance, etc, upcoming reservations, etc, I have to go to Marriott.com and sign in all over again.  If it was just fixed and then left alone on the main site, I could do both the marriott site and Insiders site with one sign in.

I now have the old system back on marriott.com. Sign in with the upper right hand corner box. Thank goodness!

No moving boxes for sign in!!! Hooray!

I have signed in and out of Insiders probably a half dozen times today.  The latest time, a few minutes ago, I have the old small sign in box back.  Wonder how long that'll last.

mine is still hidden behind the Summer in London box......

Oops, spoke to soon.  Moving target is back on iPad and desktop.  And I am now not able to make a post or open a picture on the iPad.  Not surprised though.

FYI, just signed in on the windows desktop and sign in screen was the old, normal drop down from the account area.  wierd?  Or maybe as tryt suggests, incompetence.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Try doing it before your coffee. Caffeine gets me jumpy, too.

On my desktop at home, Windows Vista, the sign in is the old version with the drop down box in the upper right hand corner. On my laptop, Windows Vista, it's the hide and seek moving boxes. Go figure...

On my windows 8 beta the rooms are in three d, and I have only to think about booking and it is done

ss

so then I am sure you know what I am thinking right this moment...........

Thanks for the input, we'll make sure your feedback about the homepage is passed along from these tests Upcoming and routine tests on Marriott's website

My sign in is back to what it was before the moving target problem...top right of screen next to my account area.  Just like I like it!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I swear I think the people who design websites have never actually had to use one!  Why would you want someone to have to chase something to enter data?  Whiz-bang adds no value.

Hey ss

did you ever receive your pp card???

I'll find out when I get home tomorrow, after the debrief at HQ that is

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...