20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2012 6:29 AM by neorkathy RSS

Birthday Present From Marriott

westof30 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

IMG_0491.PNG

Thank You Marriott

Westof30

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Birthday Present From Marriott
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Nice.  And Happy Birthday!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Happy Birthday westof30!!!  And, congrats on getting the night!

lrny11 Member 8 Reviews

Congrats and Happy Birthday.  I too received that same e-mail back in January but never saw the free night in my account. 

igreenfield Silver 8 Reviews

Me neither

westof30 Platinum

Irny11 and igreendield,

You both should contact MR, because they did credit me the night..

nwunder Gold

Are we understanding this correctly.  I see one post talking about a free night which may be confusion.  It's my perception that we don't get a free night.  They credit our account with one night's stay which get one closer to silver, gold or platnum status.

westof30 Platinum

nwunder,

I am stating that I was credited with one night's stay which put me closer to silver, gold or platnum status.

igreenfield Silver

DIdnt get that either.

goestoeleven Gold

I just received the birthday gift offer.  Thank you, nice gesture.

I'll keep an eye out for the actual credit, which I understand, may take a week to hit the account.

Thanks again!

igreenfield Silver

I am still waiting for mine.  Did you have to contact someone?

blava007 Platinum
                  1. Mr. Bill Marriott and Ed French, 

I appreciate the jester of Happy Birthday e-mail I just received from Marriott, but I really question why would you (Marriott) send out an "Elite night credit" to a person(s) (as outlined in the email in order to be one step closer to upgrading or maintaining your membership status) that is already a Lifetime Platinum member?   

Why/how will the Elite night credit benefit any Platinum Members?

A better and more appropriate Birthday gift for a Platinum  Lifetime members would be a possible  complementary one free weekend stay,  or free dinner,  or purchase weekend night and second weekend night is free,  deposit number of Marriot points (with example;  customer age x 100 points), etc.   I strongly believe that it would more appropriate vs. sending a frustrating auto-generated e-mail. 

I just hope that Mr. Bill Marriot for his 80th birthday did not receive the same auto-generated e-mail for his “Birthday” for one Elite night credit stay; because I know that would not have been a fun at all.   

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings blava007 - you've brought up a great point and our team is actively looking into it. We hope you enjoyed your birthday!

ajay Platinum

I never got mine - birthday was on jan 21

Ajay - Have you already resolved this? Did you receive the email for an Elite night credit? To receive the credit, your Marriott Rewards account must be opted-in to receive emails and your birthday must already be part of your Marriott Rewards account on your birthday. FYI - Your birthday will not currently appear within your Marriott Rewards account if you've already added it. Re: Birthday Gift from Marriott

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

A little information or clarification, at least from my experience. My birthday has been on my account since the 1990's and I have been opted 'in' for e-mails forever. I was not sure if my birthday was on my account so I called. They confirmed it was. I asked if I was registered (or signed up, what ever the proper lingo is) for the Rewards Birthday promo that began last Sept or so. I was told that I was not signed up but that he would be glad to do it for me.....and did.

My guess would be that a call to customer service might be necessary in some cases to complete the birthday promo registration.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

There isn't any birthday field underneath any of the tabs on the webpage below:

my marriott profile page.gif

The page doesn't currently show the birthday if it's already been entered, and the page also doesn't allow you to enter your birthday if it's already been entered. Confusing, I know but we're working on fixing that.

hallstar Silver

If my birthday was in December and just found out and registered for the promotion, will I get credit for December?

slabruno Platinum

never received mine either?

neorkathy Gold

This isn't an offer for a "free night" but a one night credit that will go towards either earning or maintaining our membership status. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...