4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 11:30 AM by anadyr RSS

Hotel contacts

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Even though it is  two weeks until my stay in Toulouse, Accor Hotels sent me the following message:

Hello [me],

You made a reservation at the Novotel Toulouse Centre Wilson hotel for 2 night(s).

We look forward to welcoming you on 03/16/2012, and our team is available to answer all your questions until then.

To help you prepare as well as possible for your stay, we are pleased to provide you with the list of activities we have selected for you.

We wish you a pleasant stay in Toulouse.

This is excellent for several reasons -- not only were there links for several things to do, but I now have an email address to contact the hotel beforehand, something I have often wished I had with Marriott.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel contacts
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

It's a nice touch to get this early contact with and from the property. I too have gotten an early e-mail and sometimes a phone call, but it is only sometimes and not all the time (more times I don't get a contact than I do). What I do think is that the hotels that are contacting their guests (don't know if it's an elite contact or a general guideline the hotel does it for all) seem to be better run than the ones that don't. It might just be me, but to get this contact makes me feel that they are thinking about their customer and what I might like.

Prof, hope you have a great stay at the property! Let us know how it is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Hotel contacts
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

agreed!

westof30 Platinum

I agree as well.  It is nice to get a direct email to the hotel of which we stay. It allows for not only communication, but documented if needed at a later time.

I too have received this but less than 3% of the time.  It should be required, especially for elite members.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

personal communications mean a lot these days

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...