15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 3:46 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris, France

phidelt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking at taking my wife and two kids to Paris next year.  If I'm staying at a Category 7 or 8 hotel in Paris, am I going to be able to get a room with two double beds for 35,000 or 40,000 points a night or are they going to charge me a premium?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Paris, France
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

phidelt,

Check with the hot-line!  Or email the hotel you would like directly, just get yourself comfortable before you go!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

A good question, I hope someone will be able to answer it more thoroughly than I.  Honestly, I think you can probably expect a premium.  That has been my experience when booking Cat 7 & 8 hotels in central Paris on points (160K points for 5 nights with a $400-500 upcharge for the stay at the CE - Marriott Champs Elysees.)  The thing is, with the upcharge, you get the extra space, and the extra space is nice.  You could probably get by without the extra space (I say that because when I stayed in a room for two guests on points and with no upcharge, while there were two queen beds and a spacious bathroom, it admittedly would have been tight for 4 people - doable, but tight), but the Marriott CE will not reserve a room of that size to 4 people, at least in my experience. 

One thing I am certain about, it is imperative that you book one year in advance.  If you have your sights set on a specific week, don't let the one year mark slip by you.  Enjoy your trip, and happy planning.

One year that is, if you're looking to book on points!

Lori,

That is so true!  One needs to book as much in advance as they can.  It's easy to cancel, if things change.

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

Jerry, I have enjoyed your posts about Paris. You offer some wonderful advice.

I am wondering if you know of the following hotel -

Hotel Concorde La Fayette. Here is a brief description: It is conveniently located close to the Champs-Elysées, between the La Défense business district and the Triangle d'Or shopping area. All 950 rooms are spacious, bright and well appointed with modern amenities. This is an offering made through Marriott's Vacation Club and is available to premier vacation club members. This tour is provided by a non-Marriott company. Can you give me a reaction to this?

Doug

dblanz,

Thank-you for your kind comments!

Yes, I have stayed at the Hotel Concorde La Fayette, and it is very nice.  It is about 1000 feet from the RER station at Porte Mallot.  You can get there from CDG Airport, as long as you do not have too much luggage.  The cab will cost you around $75-$100.(If you RER it, let me know, and I will help make it easy for you!).  Getting back to the hotel, it is huge and comfortable.  You will have an easy train ride on the RER to EuroDisney, Versailles, or anywhere the RER goes.  I have walked many times from there to THE C-E and back.

If you can get a good deal at this hotel, go for it!

I cannot get the site to post pictures today, so try and go to my previous posts to read about one my most enjoyable dining spots in Paris.  The Relais du Venice, serves only streak, frites, salad, and all are excellent and not expensive.  It sits in front of the RER station on the C-E side.  It is well worth it.  They open at 7 PM, and do not take reservations, so get there about 20 minutes early and get in line, for the first seating.

dblanz, please let me know if I can assist in making your Parisian experience enjoyable.

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

Thanks again, Jerry, for providing you experience. Your positive comments on the Hotel Concorde La Fayette have helped us decide to book the Marriott Vacation Club tour to London and Paris. I have bookmarked all of your series of comments on Paris and Paris dining. Prior to going, I will be sure to consult you for last minute tips.

dblanz,

I don't speak French, but love the country, and have been there over 60 times.  Have done it cheap, and very nice, so let me know how you want to do it.  Just hope I can share with you what will be the best for you and loved ones.

Am going back again in May, and have learned how to do a lot of it right.

Thanks again for your questions and kind comments.

Wow Jerry.  Just Wow.  (I won't say more as I do not want to embarrass myself further with excessive public gushing! )

Lori,

You sure know how to "Make my day"!  Now if we could get some pictures posted.  Andy is working on it!

spengle Platinum 2 Reviews

I, too, will be following this thread...not to hijack but to learn.  We are doing our first trip to Paris in Nov and staying at the Renaissance Paris Vendome.  Have spent lots of time exploring on Trip Advisor and am quickly becoming a francophile.  But all additional info/suggestions are happily accepted!  Working on a 5 day itinerary now and on deciding how to get to Barcelona from Paris - new high speed rail or low fare plane with baggage restrictions.  But....will not take up more space on Tridelt's space

Sheila

spengle,

You will find the Ren. Louvre a great hotel.  When I get my pictures working again, will show you some easy, interesting places to walk or metro to.  What you may want to do it sort of get an internary together of your places you want to visit.  Remember to take the weather into consideration.  For example, you will want to do museums on "Rainy" days.  Likewise, The Louvre, has special prices at different times, you will want to check out their schedule.

spengle, if you need any more details, it will be my pleasure to provide what I can, for your trip.

spengle Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks, so much.  Will send you my itinerary when it's complete...have used lots of ideas from folks on trip advisor  who either live in or have visited Paris.  Is it best to post here?

spengle,

It is great to post here, as I am just not too familiar with Trip Advisor, but will be putting more on it!  It just takes a lot of time!  Remember to have some "Flexibilty" in your plans.  One thing you really have going for you is location.  That will allow you a lot more options on how to spend your time.  Will look forward to being of assistance.  You are always welcome to send me a "Direct", or "Private message", if you like!

spengle,

I forgot to share with you there is a "Special" train that goes from Paris to Barcelona.  It travels all night and is famous for its style.  Have seen it on the European travel channel.  Will try to find out more and share with you. 

By the way, if you had the time, you could drive!  It would be a wonderful drive through the Loire Valley and thru Southern France.  You would want to pick the car preferably out of Paris.  Just a thought.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...