1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 6:30 PM by hurleyg RSS

JW Marriott Desert Springs, service down hilll!

astonsam Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the JW desert springs near palm springs CA. The hotel had quite a renovation but they forgot to renovate the staff and their attitude. Prices are outrages! Have to pay to use everything even though they charge you a manditory resort fee! I dont understand how creative they get in pulling money out of your pocket. The manager said upon check in " we are new hotel we have to charge for everything" .. make you feel welcomed, valued and comfortable....NOT!

Billing was a nightmare. Room service bills added to our statement even though we never used room service. He was not kidding when he said we have to charge you for everything.... he forgot to mention, things you use and dont use.

Bad experience. I have stayed at this hotel over a 100 times, this is by far the worst experience there. What a shame!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
  • Re: JW Marriott Desert Springs, service down hilll!
    hurleyg Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

DON'T STAY HERE - GO ACROSS THE STREET TO THE INTRAWEST TIME SHARE CONDO ( WESTIN ?)

I have been elite platinum with Marriott for many years. I have never complained. But I am making an exception for the Palm Desert as it is a hell hole. I always get an upgrade to a suite but not here. I had to buy an adjoining room for the kids. But here is the kicker,  I asked for a early check in. At 4:30 P when I arrived neither of my rooms were available. I asked them to call or text me when the rooms were available. I speak to MI daily so they have all my contact information. No call , no email, no text. At 8:30 PM when I returned NO ROOM was ready. The one cleaning guy was on the patio smoking. . THey did not have both rooms for us until 10 PM that night.

The sevice is the worst I have seen, even in the 3rd world and eastern block I have had better service.

So you think that as the guy who spends one out of every 3 nights in a Marriott and more than $100k a year with them that some one at the front desk would apologize, or at least call me. No nothing. I even emailed the GM directly.

This resort is OWNED by Marriott. They are the flag and the owner. Yet is violates most of the JW Brand standards on amenities. The rooms and common areas are old crappy and in disrepair. I have clients that are investors in properties that fly the JW flag. I am going to make sure that they know abut this.

As a very frequent MI guest you often hear that MI  is abandoning the JW Brand and pushing properties to be Courtyards or Ritz's Since this is an MI owned property I am convinced that this is true. DON'T STAY HERE - GO ACROSS THE STREET TO THE INTRAWEST TIME SHARE CONDO ( WESTIN ?)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...