7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 11:41 PM by nuhusker RSS

Weekend Complimentary Breakfast Discontinued

macbradaigh Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Lifetime Gold Member - For the past 5 years, my wife and I have taken at least 3 weekend trips per year to DC and stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington, VA (right across the bridge from Georgetown).  We have always been given complimentary breakfast on Saturday and Sunday as the Concierge Lounge is closed.  In February, we stayed there for the weekend and were told that the free complimentary breakfast for Gold and Platimum members had been discontinued.  The manager on duty was nasty about it and had a smirk on her face like she was very happy to take a perk away from us.  It is disappointing that they have decided to screw their most loyal customers.  As such, we will not stay there anymore.  When they started charging $12, then $15, then $19 to park, I considered going elsewhere.  This latest issue tells me that they don't want my business anymore.  It is fortunate that we all have good choices to go elsewhere and spend our money where we are appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Weekend Complimentary Breakfast Discontinued
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm glad you were able to receive the breakfast benefit so many times since this is a perk many of us do not get. There are some managers who have in the past at certain hotels taken care of the company's best customers and offered this perk. But, there has been substantial discussion on the Insiders pages that corporate has really clamped down on those hotels that were doing it.

Sad.

Happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I have always gotten comp breakfast on weekends at the Fairview Park Marriott and there's no charge for parking.  Just something to think about.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Corn man,

I like that Fairview Park Marriott. They seem to offer very nice rates compared to some of the other Marriott properties. They also keep the place in good shape. Very friendly crew, I might add.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Just checked into Hartford/Windsor (CT) Marriott and was given coupons good for breakfast without asking.  2nd time I've stayed here and really like their professional attitude.  Even walked us to the elevator last time, since it's down a long hallway.

mariettagal Platinum 7 Reviews

Thanks for posting this. Wish I had read it before we checked in at the Key Bridge. We would have chosen another hotel if I'd known they didn't comp breakfast on Sunday. Next time I'll research a little better!

amcgui03 Silver 7 Reviews

Actually just stayed at the Fairview Park Marriott this month and they are no longer offering the weekend breakfast either.  It was very disappointing especially since we confirmed with the hotel prior to arriving that it would be included.  The person at check in was not helpful at all.  Not too impressive.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

disappointing news about the Fairview Park Marriott.  I'm planning to stay there a couple of weekend nights in June, but I'll call a few days in advance to make sure I get breakfast.  If not, I'll stay somewhere else.  Thanks for the heads up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...