13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 6:46 PM by anadyr RSS

Platinum Upgrade

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, just as soon as I lamented the fact that I never get upgraded, I was greeted Monday morning with the words "Welcome Back, Mr. ----------, I see we have upgraded you to a junior suite on the concierge floor."   I was so shocked, I don't think I even said thank you........

Great Job, Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Upgrade
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hope you have a great trip shoeman1000

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Platinum Upgrade
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Maybe we have turned the corner?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Lets hope so!!!

I'm just soaking in the moment........  

Trendsetter for the rest of us!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Nice.  I too hope this is a sign of things to come   Glad you're enjoying yourself shoeman!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Can you tell us which marriott that was at?  And how was the jr suite and the lounge?

NuHusker

The hotel is the MARRIOTT HOTEL and SPA in Stamford, Conneticut.  The jr suite is quite nice, thanks.  It's especially nice being that I am in it for 4 days!!  As far as the suite goes, I actually prefer it to the very large full-sized suite that has a dining room set, etc and the bed is a pull-down.  the room is actually too-big.  My jr suite has two separate rooms ( opposed to the one big room in the full suite), a couch, two nice sized chairs, and an ottoman that stretches the length of the full sized couch.  the bathroom has two room also, one for the vanity and another for the walk in shower and commode.  The CL is very nice also.  Evening selection includes  many appetizer items including cheeses, meats, vegetables, cold pasta, fruit, and usually one or two hot items of the finger-food variety.  desserts usually include either cheesecake, normal cake, cookies, and brownies.  sometimes little creme puffs. Breakfast always includes real scrambled eggs, bagels, breads, pastries, fruits, sometimes salmon, cereals, the works.  infrequently, there is a waffle maker also.  Very comfortable, busy in peak times, but never crowded.  very pleasant and a KEY reason I am loyal to this property.

Oh, they also have started sending me an email in-stay asking how thing are going.  The theory is that they want to fix it while I am still a guest.  another nice touch.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Shoeman....you're on a roll!

Congrats and enjoy!

We want you to make our reservations from now on!  Good for you!!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

very nice, shoeman.  you've mentioned on Insiders before that you stay in Stamford fairly often.  I remember when you talked about the work out room.  That's really cool that they're showing real interest in taking care of any concerns while you're still there.  I don't think that happens often enough.  And you're there 4 nights and still got the suite upgrade!  Wow! Now that's the unusual part to me.  By the way, go a head and tell everyone that the way you got this upgrade was you took my advice and started wearing a husker jacket at check-in!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

That's what I'm talking about. I think the tide has turned.

Ojala!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...