24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 12:47 PM by anadyr RSS

The Ritz-Carlton and the Rewards Program

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have tried searching for some current information on this but have come up blank.  All (old) posts on this topic say the R-C does not award Marriott points for stays but my husband and I recently stayed at one and he says his account was credited the points.  I am going to be travelling in the near future and I'm weighing my options.  Does anyone know the answers to the following questions:

• Does the Ritz now honour the Marriott Rewards points?
  • Do they recognize Platinum Elite members with upgrades?
  • Do they provide Club Level access for Platinum Elite members?
  • Is there a way to upgrade to Club Level when using Rewards points for a stay?
  • I see they have a Rewards program also.  Is there any advantage/disadvantage to switching your Marriott Rewards program to their Ritz Rewards program?

Thank you to anyone who can offer any insight into this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Ritz-Carlton and the Rewards Program
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hello Missgee

here you go:

1.  yes, the Ritz does honor Marriott Rewards points.  you can both urn Marriott points and use Marriott points for free stays.

2. no, it does not appear to me that the Ritz gives upgrades to Marriott Platinum Elites.

3. no, the Ritz does not provide Club floor access to Platinum Elites as a benefit.  Club floor access can be bought for a certain amount per day.

4.no, i do not believe you can upgrade to Club level using Marriott points.

5.regarding which program you choose to belong to, I am not sure of the answer.  I think the answer lies in which property you will be staying at most often, but I could be wrong on that.  Personally, I stay at the Ritz 5-6 times a yearn but keep my loyalty program at Marriott.

Hoe this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks shoeman1000, you can also review The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program and benefits at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Rewards/Default.htm

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm sorry, but I'm having a little trouble understanding these posts, forgive me, I'm kinda new at this!

I have both a Marriott and a Ritz Carlton account with the same account number. I am a lifetime Platinum member with membership cards from both programs. Whenever I attempt to check my Marriott account online, I am directed to the Ritz Carlton site, and that's the reason that I don't believe they are separate programs.

However recently, I did notice that the Ritz Carlton program is running a similar promotion to the Marriott Spring Mega  Bonus promotion, but only for Ritz Carlton properties Tier 1-3.

Does anyone know......are these separate programs, or simply the same program with additional benefits for members that stay @ Ritz Carlton properties?

I do receive upgrades at Ritz Carlton propeties, but they are relatively minor (higher floor, little larger than standard room, etc.) and are property specific,. Also, they never include access to the club level, which is a major reason that I don't stay more than 5-6 times per year.

Any thoughts?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I assumed you could be in one or the other but not both programs, and I see that the Club level like Suites are specifically excluded in upgrades.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Unless the rules have just changed, you can only be a Rewards Member at one or the other.  You just will have your Elite Status honored at either, and accure points to the program that you belong to, no matter which chain you stay at.  Membership services can help you determine which one you really have, which in your case it sounds like the Ritz Carlton.  There is supposedly no advantage in one or the other, and they recommend you belong to the one you will use the most.  If you want to change to the other Rewards program, membership services is supposed to be able to help you with that.

That is my understanding as well

Thanks for the info, because it feels like I have been involuntarily moved into the Ritz Carlton program.

You can call Marriott Rewards and straighten this our easily.

You would think that, but that's not been my experience. I'm still waiting for my Platinum Premier packet from last year which I haven't received despite numerous phone calls and attempts to resend the documentation. I'm still waiting for the packet to arrive 10 months later! I think the Easter Bunny stole it from my mailbox!

I'm not holding my breath and waiting for this year's packet! Lol!

Got mine as one of the last of the PPers, but maybe there is a glitch somehow somewhere!!!

I think I'm just the red-headed step child of the group! But as long as I get the "benefits" I don't complain, and typically the hotels that I stay at all know by name, are aware of my PP status and understand the "benefits" of the program. Thanks for the heads-up! It might be worth a few more phone calls to resolve the problem.

There are many of us who are PPers and we need onloy to know that the Marriott system knows we are, and the card, is just an added thing, which is never asked for.

I know, but I need it for my collection! At least Marriott seems to recognize my loyality to the brand far more than Hilton.

Just wait for that Plutonium Card!  If it doesn't melt the package first

I doubt I'll make that level. Having trouble maintaining Diamond status with Hyatt and Hyatt while keeping my PP status! 300+ nights a year, and no I don't have a life! The only advantage is that most of my best friends are bartenders! Lol!

And good friends too!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I'll drink to that!!!

Everyone, Thanks for the help! As it turns out, my account was the red-headed stepchild of the group. I obtained my LPE status a few months before the Ritz Carlton program was established with Marriott, and when the Ritz Carlton program was implemented I was transferred into the Ritz program. The good news is that I have one of the only Ritz Carlton Lifetime Platinum Cards ever issued! I feel so special, and it's not because I went to school on the little bus! LOL!

lmichalek Platinum 1 Reviews

Google Ritz Carlton vs Marriott program and you should find a detailed several page information sheet on the combined programs. Here is the URL:

www.marriott.com/Multimedia/PDF/us/rewards/mr_Ritz_FAQ.pdf

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...