5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 5:18 PM by jerrycoin RSS

U. S. Grant #18, St. Louis, FF Inn,

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It was such a pleasure to enjoy a drive from the FF in St. Charles (Suburb of St. Louis, Mo) to enjoy the former home of U.S. Grant, The 18th US President.

At Grant's Home, and Grant's Farm on can enjoy a bit of history.  This is a great family experience!  Enjoy.His

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1948.JPG

This shot is the log cabin on Grants Farm

IMG_1950.jpg

Note the box for US flag's!

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

This is the house U. S. Grant lived in!

IMG_1955.JPG

Information on Grant's Farm!

IMG_1956.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
St. Charles, Missouri, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn St. Louis St. Charles
  • Re: U. S. Grant #18, St. Louis, FF Inn,
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you Jerry.  A classic piece of our history there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt,

You are a "Great American'!  As I listen to Bill Cunningham as I write this.  It's people like you that appreciate history and real American hero's.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Tryt,

One other thing that might be of interest is the abundance of animals roaming at Grant's Farm. There are all kinds of antelope, buffalo, goats, donkeys and more.  Naturally, the Clydesdales are kept right there as well.  I couldn't get a picture of them, but saw them sunning on a wonderful February day.

IMG_1960.JPGIMG_1959.JPGIMG_1958.JPG

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Grant was an excellent officer and brilliant tactician.  His legacy is that we fought to keep the Union together, at a time when that was far from a certainty.

Excellent photos and narrative too

SS,

It's funny that you shared this about Grant, I did not know that.  What amazes me is that I saw a show on History Channel about Sam Houston, and how he trapped Santa Anna at San Jacinto, Texas.  It was like a premonition to fight the winning battle at that particular site.  Much like Patton did in Africa agains Rommel.

Am working on a story this week, with pictures in St. Charles, MO, and will be sharing some Lewis and Clark information.  This is where they started their historic trip up the Missouri.  Staying at the FF, which is a nice FF, next to the Convention Center in St. Charles.

Location Brand Hotel
      St. Charles, Missouri, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn St. Louis St. Charles

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...