6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 10:34 AM by fhsbbmom RSS

Gold/Platinum Members...Are you missing out on some offers?

martym Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I just found out that since I am a Gold Elite member I was offered a much different "Mega Bonus" promotion this spring. I was told I need to stay 15 nights before I get 25,000 point bonus which would allow me "one" free night in a 4 star property. I just found out that Marriott is offering silver members a "free night" certificate for every second nights stay. I called Marriott and questioned them on this and was told the 15 nights for one free night is better than the two nights deal because the "points" don't expire and the certificates do. Well if I have to stay 2 nights or 15 nights to get the same thing I will make the choice of using it by September.

I think they are trying to pull a fast one on us Gold and Platinum Elite members here.

Have you been offered the same?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold/Platinum Members...Are you missing out on some offers?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Martym,  you bring up a grat point that' has had a fair share of discussion on Insiders.  I always am pre registered for the multi stay/lots of points mega bonus.  And I always am able to make one phone call and get it switched to the one free night per two stays, max of two free nights.  And you're right, with a known expiration date, I always use the certificates.  Glad you brought this up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I second huskers comments. Marriott has always offered the different promotions at MegaBonus time and thanks to the discussions here, I was able to switch the program offered me to the one that worked best for me. Thanks Insiders!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Actually got a pleasant surprise from Marriott this week.  A birthday gift of 1 day credit.  Not that I need it ... will hit Platinum again by end of March.

PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

I received the same offer, and agree that I would prefer the free night. I called to request a switch, but was told that would not be possible. I explained that it would be impossible for me to stay the 15 nights by the end of April, but that did not change Marriott's decision. As much as I enjoy my Gold status, there do seem to be a few better incentives at the Silver level.

fhsbbmom Gold 4 Reviews

PSU Fan -

I think I would try calling them again.  I had the same kind of offer and knew I would never be able to get that many nights in that short of time.  When I called them, they were very gracious and happy to switch me over to the other program, and the representative (I think her name was Bethany and she was fantastic) even took the time to manually monitor the activity the first time through and make sure that I received the free nights!  I did not have to follow up and she took care of everything and notified me when the nights were credited.  And since then, I have gotten the right offer automatically.  Wonderful service!

So I think you must have just got the wrong rep or caught them on a bad day.  I would give it another shot if I were you.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I look forward to the point Mega Bonus since 25,000 gives 2 free nights at a lot of FF as long as they stay cat. 2, and the 50,000 pts. can be as many as 5 nights at the cat. 2 places.  Also, I'm looking forward to building the points up again after using them for the $1000 gift cks. so we can get the cruise credit of $1000 for 145,000, assuming that doesn't go away. 

It is nice that they offer an alternative, though.  There is a lot to learn from other, more seasoned travelers.  (Not referring to age.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...