5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 10:20 AM by NathalieF RSS

Charged me points for bonus rewards stay?

ringingin Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I took advantage of two free nights stay in August  that I had earned in the Mega Bonus promotion, but was also "charged" 30,000 points.  Was this supposed to happen?  It clearly states under my account activity the bonus nights through the promo, but then there is another line item for that date which states 30,000 points!  Tell me this needs to be corrected or please explain to me why this is, before I do it again.....thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Charged me points for bonus rewards stay?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

There's no way that should have happened, in my opinion. 

I had just been thinking about those free nights and I thought that we had qualified for some, but I've never heard anything from them.  Maybe we didn't though.  I have a hard time keeping up with the ones that just require nights and the ones that require certain methods of payment.

Did you have a coupon or certificate awarding them to you?  How were you notified?

I guess I'll call CS to try to find out how it worked and whether or not we did get any nights.

But you should definitely contact CS about the points used.  I don't even see how they used your points without getting your approval.  They shouldn't have been able to.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ringingin Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks for your reply...if you have free nights, etc., you should be able to find them under "My Account".  This particular bonus was for two stays=1 free night when you use your VISA to pay for those stays....and there was a deadline in which the free nights had to be redeemed...they have a similar promo going on now.  When I initially phoned to redeem my free nights, they informed me it would be by an e-certificate, and I confirmed this upon check-in.  I just need to call customer service and get it fixed.  I was really trying to figure out if anyone else had experienced this, or if there was something I had misunderstood regarding this promo....thanks!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

ringingin:

It could be that the reservation representative made the reservation and used a 'point' stay instead of a 'certificate' stay. Make sure you call customer service and ask them to correct the stay by applying the certificate and refunding your points if this is what happened.

Hope this helps.

• Charged me points for bonus rewards stay?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

This sounds like the kind of problem a single phone call should fix.  Hope it's straightened out for you soon.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings ringingin, It looks like the two certificates were applied on four-night stay, so the other reward was ordered to cover the final two nights of the stay. Feel free to contact us at 801-468-4000 or http://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi for any further account clarification.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...