0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 6:15 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Presidents Day in the "Land of Lincoln"! #16

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No it's not #16, it's just that "Honest Abe",  was out 16th President, and this was a great place to celebrate "President's Day, 2012".  Would like to share with you two very nice places to dine. and two choices of Marriott properties.  I must say, after staying at the CY, many times, and commuting 60 miles a day to stay there, they could have once said we appreciated my business as a PP member, but they didn't.  I guess it's that "Red headed step child look and manners" that put me below there standard guests.

However, the dining at two places will not disapoint anyone.  The first is Maldaner's, on 6th Street downtown.  A lovely place to dine, and always comfortably busy.  Roni, the server, could not have been more professional or helpful.  She recommended a very nice dish, and the Chef came by to say hello and wanted to make sure I was pleased with the dining experience, (I was).  You will see the excellent Flounder.  Likewise East of there is another very charming place to dine, and that is The Chesapeake Seafood House.  It is a very relaxing place that is moderatly priced.  I was lucky enough to get a photo with Roni.  Told her about the web-site, and she had just got back from a trip to India, as well as South America, so I hope she will enjoy the MI site.  If you are in the area, enjoy the site's, and say hello to Roni, at Maldaner's over a special dish and glass of fine Vino!

The new Lincoln Museum is outstanding and a must see for all.  I won't show pictures of all the other great sites in the area, but Lincoln is of course buried here. There is a lot to do, and most things are very reasonably priced.

Am going to try and report next week on, U. S. Grant, with some photo's, Marriott properties, and other "Goodies".  Grant lived in St. Louis for some time and will have more next week.

In closing, would welcome any comments or suggestions on Springfield, Il!

IMG_1944.JPGIMG_1941.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1943.JPGIMG_1945.JPGIMG_1946.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Springfield, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Springfield

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...