5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 6:10 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Arlington and other burial sites of veterans

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Next time you visit Arlington, or maybe another national cemetery, here's an interesting and informative clip about the origin of the headstones.  Somewhat moving as it's highlights the loss of the last WWI survivor.

http://www.imdb.com/video/cbs/vi826318105/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Arlington and other burial sites of veterans
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

nuhusker,

That is really a moving video.  Nice to see that we treat our veteran's tombstones with such honor and respect!  God bless those that have given their lives for our country and freedom!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

westof30 Platinum

I travel for work, I hate to travel when I am off.  Friends, family and others constantly ask me where is my favorite place, where would you go back to again...

My answer is Normandy National Cemetary.... I consider myself very fortunate to have been there.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

tryt and west, I agree with those comments. To honor our war heroes is the only reason I'll ever visit France again.

westof30 Platinum

I wish I could say the same thing about ever going back to france.... but no luck there for me, we travel there quite frequently for work.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

west,

Agree with you on what an experience it is to go to Normandy,  An easy drive, by the way from La Defense Ren., for those that want to do the day trip and return.  About an hour and a half from the hotel. Very nice, inexpensive places to dine along the coast of Normandy.

Thanks so much for your comment.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...