4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2012 12:45 PM by tef6178 RSS

10 Amazing Days at Super Bowl XLVI in Indy with Courtyard

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

CY team - happy to be at the Big Game.JPGMy name is Alison and I work in brand marketing for Courtyard. I recently returned from Super Bowl XLVI in Indy – a spirited, first-rate experience for anyone who’s a sports fan. Indy is such a walkable city and the Super Bowl Host Committee did a fantastic job of centralizing much of the Super Bowl activity into a few city blocks, making it very easy to get around on foot.

I worked a lot of long hours during my 10 days away in Indy, but every minute was truly rewarding. The tailgate party and the Super Bowl game were my all-time favorite parts of the trip. The tailgate party was packed with football enthusiasts who listened live to The Fray and Lenny Kravitz while enjoying top-notch food and beverages. In Lucas Oil Stadium, there was so much passion and energy supporting both teams and the fact that the game came down to the wire kept me on the edge of my seat.

As I look back to my experience, I’m still amazed at the constant activity that was present in Naptown (aka Indy): zip lining, NFLX, concerts, food tastings, TV/radio broadcasts and a variety of parties. No matter your age or which team you follow, you fit right in. A Naptown – it sure wasn’t!

Who’s ready for the 2012-2013 NFL season? I know I sure am.

-AlisonThe Fray on stage at tailgate.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
  • Re: 10 Amazing Days at Super Bowl XLVI in Indy with Courtyard
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Alison,

Great report!

Never been to a SB, but if you go again, I am sure there are a few of us MI, that would "Carry your bags", and drive you around.  Maybe even the group could go to dinner at one of my favorite steakhouses, St. Elmo's.

Don't forget about the "Common folk" next Super Bowl.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 10 Amazing Days at Super Bowl XLVI in Indy with Courtyard
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

great time and great report thanks

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Wow Alison,

That looks like so much fun, and you have all of us jealous.  I wish the Courtyard Superbowl Contest site was still up.  I'd go every day and enter until next year's SuperBowl.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Indy is a great city...and don't forget that they have that other little activity every May....The Indy 500!

I'm there every year for the race (this year is my 32nd) and last year was my first time staying at the new Marriott complex downtown. It was so easy to get to the track (in Speedway, a close suburb of Indianapolis) from the hotel area and the activity was non stop the whole time there!

If you want to experience Indy then Marriott has the best places to stay in this complex. Lucas Oil Stadium, where the Super Bowl was, is a short walk, the minor league baseball stadium is across the street. The downtown complex of shops is within walking distance. The basketball stadium for the Indiana Pacers is a short walk. It's really easy to see and get to the entire area from there!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...